XF 2.2 Can I block emoji reactions on a locked post/thread?

Kilt

I have upon occasion announced site polices with one post in a thread that I lock. I don't want anyone to react to such posts, especially with negative emojis, but members seem to be able to. Can I somehow block reactions on a locked post?

There is nothing built in which will do that.

You may be able to edit the templates and use a conditional statement to remove the reaction bar for locked threads, but there would still be ways around it for those who know what they're doing.

We have a separate node for Site Announcements. Only moderators and admins are allowed to post there, and reactions and replies are disabled for any posts in that node.

We have a separate node for Site Announcements. Only moderators and admins are allowed to post there, and reactions and replies are disabled for any posts in that node.

Thanks. This gave me the idea to simply remove the forum permissions for anyone other than me—the one and only admin/moderator—to react to or post in my already-existing Site Announcements forum. It seems to work per my dummy membership accounts; they now don't see a reaction button in that forum.

Top Bottom