Add-on Can developers make their paid add-ons free?

gogo

Don't worry I'm not insane.

I mean can they pick one of their really outdated version and make it free for people to try out? Pick one that's buggy no problem. Just let users to try and feel what it's like on their forum.

It's quite pricey to buy and try add-ons. I have experience that I bought some add-ons and found out they're not really suitable for me or there are better options...

What if developers pick the wrong add-on, the one that you don't want to try? Doesn't really help in that case I guess.

It's like all companies suggesting that new employees work for them for free for a month or so as paying them is quite pricey and they may not really be suitable or there are better options. No-one would do this. This is why it's on companies to do their research on prospective employees (interviews, background checks etc) to make sure they are suitable.

Late reply but I like the idea you have. I think that once I have more paid add-ons released, I'll do that so they can try it before they buy it. Will save me making a free version with limited features and a paid version.

Top Bottom