• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

Calendar / Events

I am currently working on a Calendar add-on. The planned features are single, ranged and recurring events and monthly, weekly, daily and event viewing. I'll try and keep this thread updated :)

You are the man!

Future requests would be integration between calendar and forum - so new events can be discussed and replied too... You know... "I'm bringing chicken", "I can't make it, sorry" - blah!
But I know - the basics first...

Thanks!

A number of calendar events showing up in front page hopefully? I hope it will be a smooth calendar like XF is :D thanks.

I am currently working on a Calendar add-on. The planned features are single, ranged and recurring events and monthly, weekly, daily and event viewing. I'll try and keep this thread updated :)

Music to my ears!
Thank you!

You mention recurring events. It'd be great to have a clone edit.

On my work project forum I have three different weekly timetables corresponding to 3 usergroups.
Each has around 10 -12 meeting points during the week.
They all follow a similar pattern - 1st one of the day at 09.30, 2nd at 11, 3rd at 1pm. Just the names of the meeting points vary per usergroup.
They all run for a series of 6 weeks at a time, then a break, then another 6 weeks.

I found it very fiddly to enter these in the VB calendar because there was no clone feature like when you create a forum by copying an existing one then tweak it. If you could build this clone feature in your calendar this would be great.

eg

Clone 1. The event starts/ ends at the same time on the same day of the week, same usergroup, same name and description: but different date range.
Clone 2 - The event starts/ ends at the same time on the same day of the week, recurs for same period: but different usergroup, different name and description.

Maybe something like "Create clone event based on selected event?"
then boxes for all the options show as ticked in the clone.
Unticking any of them opens edit textfield or time/ date selection box to input the different info.

As well as usergroup calendars I'd like option to create individual user calendars. For some of my users these would be the usergroup calendar with a few items deleted for them.
For my mods their calendars would be very individual.

Plus in the heavenly levels I'd like admin level create these calendars then the user can optionally edit their calendar by adding their own events.

somehow if we intgrated the calnder with the forum system it would be great

show threads and posts in any particular day + member who signed up

Any news about the add-on?

Things are progressing rather nicely, just slowly at the moment because of other duties and events. I apologize for not keeping the thread up to date, I shall get everyone a more detailed explanation of what's going on and some screen shots very soon. Again, I apologize.

~Mike

I'm bringing chicken...
I thought I was bringing chicken?

Well, I suppose you can't have too much chicken. Mine will be free range, naturally, and deep fried. You should see the chickens run when I go out into the pen and shout, "Ma, fire up the deep fryer!" It's a sight to see. Chickens are funny.

Things are progressing rather nicely, just slowly at the moment because of other duties and events. I apologize for not keeping the thread up to date, I shall get everyone a more detailed explanation of what's going on and some screen shots very soon. Again, I apologize.

~Mike

Hi Mike < great name.
wink.png

Any news? Now I've got my CMS sorted all I need is a decent calendar and I would be happy to make a donation to anyone that comes up with one, or to a charity of their choice.

Regards,
Mike
biggrin.png

Top Bottom