1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cafe Saxophone

Discussion in 'Forum Showcase and Critiques' started by Mr Lucky, Dec 1, 2013.

1. Mr Lucky

Mr Lucky Well-Known Member

This has been a vbulletin forum for years, I finally made the migration when I realised importing into xenforo was actually less stressful than upgrading vbulletin.

This is probably not the final style, I tend to tweak as I go along but I'm still learning xenforo

2. Code Monkey

Code Monkey Well-Known Member

Looks nice. Why did you never import the old simple forum stuff?
  3. Mr Lucky

I could not find a way to import it unfortunately, the tech support at vBulletin said it couldn't be done as it was text based, no database.
  4. Kelvin

Kelvin Active Member

Looks Great
  5. Mr Lucky

6. dawg

dawg Well-Known Member

Very nice. It has a nice soothing feeling. I can almost smell the coffee.
  7. BizBuzz

BizBuzz Member

I really like your site. I love how the landing page and the forums seamlessly integrate. I would like to ask you a few questions if you don't mind. But most of my questions will depend mostly on what the answer is to one, so let me ask that first: I think I saw in another post that you wrote that you run Wordpress on this site, is that true?
  8. Mr Lucky

No, it is all xenforo plus addons. The homepage (question two maybe?) is the addon CTA Featured Threads and Portal.
  9. BizBuzz

BizBuzz Member

Well shucks. I just spent over $3000 this year setting up my WordPress site with a custom design, I am not ready to give that up, so I will move on, thanks though. I do really like your site! The colors are so inviting and calming.
  10. Mr Lucky

Thanks, I just kind of worked on coffee colours in a kind of trial and error way, I'm no designer.

I do also have a wordpress site, and was considering using it along with xenforo, but in the end I use xenzine for the articles I would otherwise have done in Wordpress pages.

I do still think there is not yet an ideal portal and/or CMS for xenforo. Xenzine is very close though, just a couple if things such as image alignment and a few SEO tweaks, which it seems are in the pipeline anyway, and it will be very close to ideal for me.
  11. BizBuzz

BizBuzz Member

Thanks for your thoughts, do truly appreciate it.
  12. CreationNation

CreationNation Active Member

That looks really nice. Love how clean it is, the colors, and the header area is well done.