Cafe Discussions General Forums Community

Brad Padgett

banner.png

Hey guys this is a project I recently put together for a general discussion board. It caters to more than your average forum or niche though. I wanted to broaden my topics out and give users the ability to post about whatever they wanted. Were currently using the UI.X classic style by ThemeHouse. The style is perfect for what I had envisioned the site as and I love the color scheme as well. Bolt which we were using by Pixel Exit is a good style but I wanted something a bit more simpler so we can build up posts better.

I am also using my own creation of MostEverOnline add-on. So far we've obtained at the time of posting this over 1,200 threads and 8,100 posts. Were now trying to reach a goal of 15,000 posts for our next goal.

I customized the node icons quite well and bought them off flat icon. I plan to grow the site a lot in the future. Anyone's welcome to join.

Anyways let me know what you think. :D

EDIT: Edited the post to fit the current state. We have now changed our domain name to cafediscussions.com instead of mindpiff.

Last edited:
Hey Brad,

Mobile needs work? I’m using IPhone X ISO

Attachments

• 4D1992DD-88E9-4A15-B663-3C020B28BE22.webp
    4D1992DD-88E9-4A15-B663-3C020B28BE22.webp
    89.4 KB · Views: 35
  • 9DA4F658-6F36-473A-9D58-29BE42ADBDC1.webp
    9DA4F658-6F36-473A-9D58-29BE42ADBDC1.webp
    71.6 KB · Views: 34
Hey @Brad P as soon as you responded I got to work. That's why it took so long to respond. I thought mobile checked out but a combination of the absolute positioning in the welcome notice and some needed padding combined with a custom edit of [th] last post avatar to make the width of that area bigger is what caused it. However I have tested lots of devices in responsive design mode and even changed the welcome notice image now. All should be perfect for you at this point.

Thanks for your interest in the site! :D

Wow, dude! You made the style from scratch? You got some mad coding skills (y)
Site looks awesome. Love the icons and the alien forum ;)

Thank you for the compliment @l3ta yes I made it from scratch and worked off the default style to bring this to you. I definitely appreciate the compliment. And also guys feel free to sign up if it interest you at all. Everyone is welcome there. I hope to grow a lot in the future. It just takes time and posts to get big. I'm working towards that goal.

Thank you for the compliment @l3ta yes I made it from scratch and worked off the default style to bring this to you. I definitely appreciate the compliment. And also guys feel free to sign up if it interest you at all. Everyone is welcome there. I hope to grow a lot in the future. It just takes time and posts to get big. I'm working towards that goal.
Also @Brad Padgett it is a pleasure for GamersAuctions.com to partner with Mindpiff.com. I look forward to further developments and growth, your site is looking amazing :). GamersAuctions I am finishing the final touches and doctoring up our style a bit, I will keep you informed more on this. As for Mindpiff, your mobile view looks fantastic and the style is clean and great framework, looking forward to when you release this as a resource aha. Anyways keep up the good work bro :)

Also @Brad Padgett it is a pleasure for GamersAuctions.com to partner with Mindpiff.com. I look forward to further developments and growth, your site is looking amazing :). GamersAuctions I am finishing the final touches and doctoring up our style a bit, I will keep you informed more on this. As for Mindpiff, your mobile view looks fantastic and the style is clean and great framework, looking forward to when you release this as a resource aha. Anyways keep up the good work bro :)

I am definitely going to start selling styles once I can manage to create a framework that I can attach to each style. I'd rather not release anything before I'm able to give it a really good framework. Like I told you earlier I have purchased a second Xenforo license as a demo forum. But I'll keep you updated on what I do with that. Not sure if this exact style will be sold or not but others will be created at some point that will be just as good. However I may possibly add this as a resource at some point I just haven't decided yet. Either way I appreciate your thoughts on that. I hope to take this site a very long way. Thank you

I am definitely going to start selling styles once I can manage to create a framework that I can attach to each style. I'd rather not release anything before I'm able to give it a really good framework. Like I told you earlier I have purchased a second Xenforo license as a demo forum. But I'll keep you updated on what I do with that. Not sure if this exact style will be sold or not but others will be created at some point that will be just as good. However I may possibly add this as a resource at some point I just haven't decided yet. Either way I appreciate your thoughts on that. I hope to take this site a very long way. Thank you
For sure, you are on the right track and there has been alot of tlc in your work. As a new site you already are having some amazing stat numbers going on and this is a plus. Also I like giving you a hard time, I wanted compliment you on your framework, I really dig it :)

Hey guys I just got started back again after taking a break for a while. So far everything is going great. Come check us out again and let me know what you think! :D

I recently polished the style a bit. It looks a bit different than it did before. I basically polished the forum section areas and post areas to be what I thought would be best for the site. In my opinion the style was pretty good but after working on the light and dark styles over night a couple nights ago I got it looking even better.

The break I took is the main reason we haven't seen as much progress yet. We were up to 1,000 posts in just the first month and after taking about a 7 month break from working on it (even though I kept it online) I decided to get back to work and we've had almost 400 more posts in only a week and a half.

Getting a site off the ground is no easy work but I can sort of get a feel for what I need to succeed. I visualize once we get to around 1k threads and some 5k posts after waiting a bit longer google should put in some work for us. Right now I'm just inviting members from discord and stuff so we can start getting some active posters. I merely posted the site to get your guys opinion but I welcome any and all xenforo users to sign up if they are interested. Let me know what you all think of the re-done theme. Thank you all.

Great looking forums. Very professional and slick. Also the owner seems like a great guy! Keep up the good work!

Thank you @JoyFreak I'm glad you like the site. Recently joyfreak and I have decided to swap posts after our paths crossing on forum promotion. I have now added him on discord and we have got along quite well.

I didn't want to update the thread until someone replied but just to let you guys know I got rid of my custom theme and opted for @DohTheme style Nubia light and Nubia dark. I know he's famous for the node grid options however my personal preference is 1 column which this theme also offered. So far I think it fits the site quite well and I really like it a lot. Dohtheme is an excellent designer and has a lot of talent.

Currently we have hit 1,800 posts just today. I look to get that much higher into the future. Thank you for your feedback :D

I recently polished the style a bit. It looks a bit different than it did before. I basically polished the forum section areas and post areas to be what I thought would be best for the site. In my opinion the style was pretty good but after working on the light and dark styles over night a couple nights ago I got it looking even better.

The break I took is the main reason we haven't seen as much progress yet. We were up to 1,000 posts in just the first month and after taking about a 7 month break from working on it (even though I kept it online) I decided to get back to work and we've had almost 400 more posts in only a week and a half.

Getting a site off the ground is no easy work but I can sort of get a feel for what I need to succeed. I visualize once we get to around 1k threads and some 5k posts after waiting a bit longer google should put in some work for us. Right now I'm just inviting members from discord and stuff so we can start getting some active posters. I merely posted the site to get your guys opinion but I welcome any and all xenforo users to sign up if they are interested. Let me know what you all think of the re-done theme. Thank you all.
Roger on that @Brad Padgett I'm on that air ship and been on this adventure. Your site looks amazing! Also I'm glad to see you and @JoyFreak chat. You both are great developers and I see success in both of your platforms. :)

Hey guys just want to let everyone know that after taking Mind Piff down for 10 months I have put it back up.

We are at almost 3,500 posts so far. Thank you.

Last edited:
Top Bottom