Caching files: use data or internal_data?

Garani

I need to cache some files (images for the matter) anche I need a directory to use. I believe that other then make a new directory I'd rather use the data or internal_data. Which of the two should be used?

Also, in /data/avatars and /data/attachments I can get the directory content without any trouble. from my /data/my_directory I get forbidden. Any idea why this is hapopening? I do not have a .htaccess rule on the matter. Ah, forget that, I had a messed up configuration on file permissions :) Solved.

I need to cache some files (images for the matter) anche I need a directory to use. I believe that other then make a new directory I'd rather use the data or internal_data. Which of the two should be used?

Use data if the images are to be requested directly. internal_data is used for stuff that is not requested directly, such as full-size attachments which are behind forum permissions.

It is going a mix of both (some will be called directly, some other will be embedded in other images on the fly by the php code). But I figured that /data was a good place to place the staff.

Thanks!

Top Bottom