Buying expired license - how to go about it for renewal?

0xym0r0n

Someone is willing to sell me a license but he does need me to send him $40 so I can have him renew it to make it transferable?

Safest way to go about doing this? I'm sorry if there's a pinned FAQ on this somewhere, but I'm not seeing it.

I know it can't be any earlier than 120 days BUT this license is expired. I'd be paying to renew it so he could transfer it?

*so lost*

Someone is willing to sell me a license but he does need me to send him $40 so I can have him renew it to make it transferable?

Safest way to go about doing this? I'm sorry if there's a pinned FAQ on this somewhere, but I'm not see it.

I know it can't be any earlier than 120 days BUT this license is expired. I'd be paying to renew it so he could transfer it?

*so lost*

Yes, he would have to renew it first before we can do the actual transfer.

How you work that out, is between you and the seller.

same here, I'd have him renew it first himself, and then you cover the cost in the final agreed price
Yeah I have a few people offering them at various prices. I think I'll go with one that around $95 but has like a month left or something lol.

Just needed info on this. I think I was trying to see if there was a way where he could transfer it to me (expired) but it'd be in a limbo mode until i paid the needed renewal fee. THAT clearly did not come out when i typed up my OP. lol

His excuse is he is a student, doesn't have money to pay for it himself. He wants to renew it to transfer to me. He just needs the extra money and he never put enough time into the forum. End story *abbreviated version*

I don't really want to risk it. BUT I tried to be as cheap as possible. He was willing to let me send $40, then confirm the renewal. Then have me send $35 to pay what he wanted for the license. After thinking about it *literally a minute later* I was like this isn't good....

Nice price.You are going to save $5.00
$95 +$40=$135
New XF from here with one year support and upgrades: $140
It doesn't seem like much but I'm not sure when the next version of XF is due. So for right now I'm fine with an expired license. I will pay for each license when the new XF is released.

Reason I'm going for cheaper rather than full price *which I can afford* is because i need a few paid add-ons here and I'm trying to stay under a certain limit. Buy used keeps me under that limit now. I can deal with the renewal expenses later.

Top Bottom