1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.4 Buying another license, but want to copy and duplicate our first forum.

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by I.G.O.T.A.®, Feb 1, 2015.

1. I.G.O.T.A.®

I.G.O.T.A.® Member

We already own one license and plan on to keep growing our business with xenForo instead of vB. Our question is can we copy the forum we have now that is up and running and buy a new license and copy that forum in whole and then make the changes we want to it. This way we don't have to start from scratch since we already have the xenForo forum set up the way we like it with add-ons and such.

If you could point us in the right direction that would be great. Thank you.

2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Yes, you can do that but it does seem a bit odd having two forums with the same members, threads, etc.

Unless the existing forum is new?

3. I.G.O.T.A.®

I.G.O.T.A.® Member

Well we would change all that, lol.

4. I.G.O.T.A.®

I.G.O.T.A.® Member

We have a budget for 150 more sites so we need something that we can set up and copy instead of starting from scratch each time. What is the easiest way to do that?

5. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

I would install on local host, configure everything as required, then take a master backup and use that as the database template.