Buy or Manually Find Backlinks?

billybatz9

Just curious as to what everyone does... I am struggling to build backlinks.

Do you buy backlinks or find backlinks yourself (blog comments, article writing for sites, directories, and etc).

I made the mistake of buying them once. I trialed it on a forum I owned. It wasn't a very big forum, but got around 30k uniques a month. After the next Google update that dropped to under 3k a month. The penguin updates really caught out anyone doing this, big time. Google devalued most of our content, meaning we didn't show up anywhere near the top of search results anymore.

The site's very, VERY slowly recovering but it'll likely never fully recover now.

It's not worth the risk IMO.

I made the mistake of buying them once. I trialed it on a forum I owned. It wasn't a very big forum, but got around 30k uniques a month. After the next Google update that dropped to under 3k a month. The penguin updates really caught out anyone doing this, big time. Google devalued most of our content, meaning we didn't show up anywhere near the top of search results anymore.

The site's very, VERY slowly recovering but it'll likely never fully recover now.

It's not worth the risk IMO.
Sucks to do manual backlinks. Seems like you had it going good for a while though

Top Bottom