buy now or wait??

templates

Although i have decided on this script for 2 of my forums, i am undecided if i should buy now, or wait until the new release..can anyone give me reasons if i should go ahead? would upgrading to new version be a pain? would the $50 install have to be paid again if new version comes out right after i buy??

ok..thank you for the input..i think this scrip will be great to have for my new adult forum,and my vacation forum, but i dont want to buy a version that in a short time will be replaced.. if the installs or ugrades are painless, i will go ahead now

Although i have decided on this script for 2 of my forums, i am undecided if i should buy now, or wait until the new release..can anyone give me reasons if i should go ahead? would upgrading to new version be a pain? would the $50 install have to be paid again if new version comes out right after i buy??

The next update (1.1.5) is due, I'd guess within the next couple of weeks so buying now would be a good time to familiarise yourself with the xenforo system and get yourself prepared. And as King Kovifor mentioned, upgrades are really painless I'll have 5 styles (custom) to update and they'll take less than 10 minutes to update them all so you'll be pleasantly surprised on how easy updates are.

No, once you purchase you have 1 year worth of renewal which allows you to download any updates within that year. After that year as passed you'll have to renew your license to receive further updates which will cost $40. If I understood what you were asking.

Thank you all for the response.. I was concerned that with a script i am not familiar with, as well as if a new version was on the horizon, if it was worth it to do now and then again later with updates..I am leaning towards now.. Also, be patient with me, as I may be posting alot of noob questions ..lol

oh...is this script mobile friendly?
There is currently no built-in mobile functionality, but it works. You'll just see the full site on your phone. However, there is talk about a responsive design being implemented. On top of that, in the resource area, there is already an addon that makes any style responsive - meaning it looks and functions very well in a browser. View my site from your phone for example: http://www.developerbarn.com/community

There is currently no built-in mobile functionality, but it works. You'll just see the full site on your phone. However, there is talk about a responsive design being implemented. On top of that, in the resource area, there is already an addon that makes any style responsive - meaning it looks and functions very well in a browser. View my site from your phone for example: http://www.developerbarn.com/community
your site looks great on my s3..can you direct me to this addon?..I am purchasing tomorrow, btw..

your site looks great on my s3..can you direct me to this addon?..I am purchasing tomorrow, btw..
Thanks. As King Kovifor posted, it's Arty's Responsive Design. I'll add that apart from installing the addon, I had to make NO changes to make it work for my custom style. It worked straight out of the box.

I'll also add that some designers are adding in responsive designs with their styles. You'll have to look into it, but I think Audentio and Miner Skinz are offering some responsive designs.

Top Bottom