Burning Board?

Why are the fonts so miniature ?
Can they be increased in size ?

Course they can be increased in size for example the node forum titles h4 class="boardTitle"

That's just like saying

Can the huge radius on the navbar be re-sized to which the anwser to that is.... Yes, yes it can.

Don't take my word for it I'll upload a screenshot shortly.

proof.webp

Hi Hun,
I don't think this looks so bad?? Of course I have limited graphic design ability-well none actually. But someone like you, John, Shelley ect. could work wonders with their templates. Ho hum.... I'm trying. :cry:

bb1.webp bb2.webp bb3.webp bb4.webp bb5.webp bb6.webp

Oh my bad I was referring to the last link you posted, not your own site! :confused:

Your site looks nice, it just needs more curves namean.

I was tempted as first, since some of my german friends were using it and spoke highly of the support quality. But BB reminded me too much of vb4. I don't like the typography, simply how it looks and feels.

I ended up buying the full version. I installed about 15 mods in less than 5 minutes including portal. So far I'm happy with it.

I've not used the back-end, but I've always felt it was a very good solution. I don't think it's nearly as popular as some of the alternatives, but I really have no major complaints regarding it.

Ok here is my analysis if anyone cares. ;)

BB's ACP is better for newbie tech dorks like myself. Simple ACP and of course not as much design ability as XF.
Uploading mods is 1000 times better as its all done with one click of the mouse through the ACP. No uploading to server crap. It's all done for you. < this I LOVE!
Mod-add ons Community is fair, better than here at the moment.
Smilie system compared to XF is a lot better, bulk uploads, catagories, and so forth. I'm sure Shelley would like this too. LOL
Portal system is very good and stable. Very easy to add block with one click of a button.
Adding nav links is great with one click of the mouse to add to footer or header-standard feature
Installed mod page is well laid out.
Template page is well laid out with the usual functions such as search template so on...
Language page is well laid out...
There is virtually no forum drama that I can see after translation.
The software itself is very German, meaning it's precise in terms of what it does and doesn't do. Sometimes less is really a lot more.
And there is the ability to add unlimited CSS also. I just don't know CSS so.....

The a negatives of BB aren't so bad yet but I'm hestitant in canning XF just yet.
It's a German company, thus pruducts and support are primarily German with a few English speaking moderators that are ok. The support issue is something I'm a little worried about.
And I don't yet understand how to add my header in BB.
As far as the look and feel... I was turned off by the look at first but realized all of that can be changed.

As you know, I love XF and I'm a fan but there are problems and I'm not sure if the product is for me anymore but I'm gonna keep trying by using the mod importer above and a few other things.

I would give BB an edge over XF with mods, mod uploading, smiley ability and much much easier control panel.
I would give XF over BB for design ability and support. Support is critical to me.

What is really turning me off of XF is mod uploading and the contined forum drama. :)

As far as the code... I couldn't tell you about that as I just want to point and click and have things work. Could care less about code as long as things work ok.

Gabby Gabby. I cannot understand you. (And I am German ;) )

BB looks terrible for me. Just for kiddies i think. Never had seen a good style there.
And all negative things you are telling about xf are trivia ( and i am a noob in comuterthings too)
Uploading files and starting a xml files is tough? Ok, if doing the first time.
Smilies? That must be done one time and then forget it.
Adding nav links? Have you seen Jakes addon? Easy.
I can not understand you, but i wish you luck with BB.

Principia. Thanks. I'm half German and I don't understand myself half the time. LOL :D

They may be trivial to you but they aren't for me, especially uploading to the file system. I don't see a whole lot of uniformity in mod file systems. Every DEV seems to do it a little different. And I'm sorry but transferring files to the same file should be a piece of cake, but it doesn't work for me most of them time. And no the xml part isn't the problem, any fool can do that. It's the rest of the files that are the problem.

Who has time to upload 200 smilies individually? I don't. No catagories either. Smilies are quite trivial to some but many people like them-at least my past form members did.

The whole file system uploading isn't a big deal, IMO, cause it adds an extra step, which makes you think over it once more before you install a mod. To me, the easier it is to install a mod, the faster you just bloat your board. I feel xF has the right balance for this now, as it is fairly easy, yet requires a few steps more than just a click.

As for devs doing it differently, I have not seen this that much. I think all the mods I have installed, have had one upload folder, and maybe a readme folder or file, plus the xml file in the root. The only one I can think of doing it a bit different is Jaxel, who has xml files in the library folder, though I think he had it in the root as well. Or maybe it was just Xenporta and the blocks, I can't remember.

Anyway, as I said before, you know your own needs best, so you just have to do what you think is right for you, and if that is Burning Board, so be it.

Principia. Thanks. I'm half German and I don't understand myself half the time. LOL :D

They may be trivial to you but they aren't for me, especially uploading to the file system. I don't see a whole lot of uniformity in mod file systems. Every DEV seems to do it a little different. And I'm sorry but transferring files to the same file should be a piece of cake, but it doesn't work for me most of them time. And no the xml part isn't the problem, any fool can do that. It's the rest of the files that are the problem.

Who has time to upload 200 smilies individually? I don't. No catagories either. Smilies are quite trivial to some but many people like them-at least my past form members did.
http://xenforo.com/community/resources/add-on-installer.960/
http://xenforo.com/community/resources/sonnb-smiles-bulk-importer.825/
http://xenforo.com/community/resources/nodes-as-tabs.9/

Top Bottom