bumping threads

Jo.

Is there a way to bump threads so that they show up as unread, without having to add a new post to it (i.e. can you bump a closed thread)?

This is something we make regular use of on vb - bumping rules and guidelines etc. so that new members see the threads without searching for them, and so that current members are reminded of important information.

I looked on the mod actions drop down but "bump thread" isn't there. :)

I think this is a neat idea for a admin mod. The ability to bump a Rules and Guideline thread or any other specific thread without posting additional information would be great. Often after a heated debate we all need to re read the rules and this would provide a way to put them in the New Posts list for everyone to have the opportunity to re read.

I like this suggestion!

Jamie

I think this is a neat idea for a admin mod. The ability to bump a Rules and Guideline thread or any other specific thread without posting additional information would be great. Often after a heated debate we all need to re read the rules and this would provide a way to put them in the New Posts list for everyone to have the opportunity to re read.

I like this suggestion!

Jamie

Exactly! We've found it a really vital tool on our forum and I'm not sure why it's not included on xf...

Can anyone tell me if this is something that will be included in xf? I'm curious to know why there isn't a bump thread option. :) If it's not, is there a different way to do it besides posting stupid replies such as 'bump' etc.?

thanks! :)

This is a feature I wanted for a long time for vbulletin and once I got nick to agree to develop it I crafted out a list that I wanted. Here's the bump thread for vbulletin and I would second for this to be included into xenforo such a useful and beneficial feature to have for allowing silent bumps and then the post showing as new on the index.

Would love to see this implemented into the core product.

Reactions: Jo.
could one of the mods maybe move this thread to the suggestions forum? It seems better suited there since there doesn't seem to be a solution to this currently.

thanks heaps! :)

I'd like to see this, but as long as it's apparent that it's bumped. I don't know how that vB mod worked, but on my old ZetaBoards forum, you could bump a thread, but there'd be absolutely no notice of a bump, so it just looks like it popped up as unread again. Perhaps it could work like this suggestion I pondered about... *shrug*

I'd like to see this, but as long as it's apparent that it's bumped. I don't know how that vB mod worked, but on my old ZetaBoards forum, you could bump a thread, but there'd be absolutely no notice of a bump, so it just looks like it popped up as unread again. Perhaps it could work like this suggestion I pondered about... *shrug*

The thread will be silently bumped in a way no reply being made but you would know it's a bumped thread because the forum-unread icon would appear thread bumped to the top of thread listings and the thread would appear in the lastpost area on index as new.

The benefits of bumped threads are obvious, they reduce "bump" spammy posts. But primarily, bump threads are great for sticky threads such as guidelines, rules etc that are stickied that you don't want to reply to but get members noticing it.

Reactions: Jo.
Top Bottom