Bump Limit

Bump Limit 1.2

No permission to download

AndyB

AndyB submitted a new resource:

Bump Limit - Prevents thread starter from bumping their thread until a certain time has expired.

Description:

Prevents thread starter from bumping their thread until a certain time has expired.

This add-on is typically used for classified forums where bumping threads by the thread starter can be a problem.

(Example when bump limit is in effect)

View attachment 100735

(Example of Options page)

View attachment 100736

(Example of Group Permissions)

View attachment 100737

Features:
  • Only applies to thread starter.
  • Thread starter can...

Read more about this resource...

I'm curious - you say "Thread starter can always reply to a post." - does that bump the thread when they do? If so I'm wondering how the bump is limited... Also, is the thread bumped (prior to the time limit) when other people post to the thread?

Thanks!

This works for 1.3.

By the way, trying to see if there is a way that when the author posts it doesn't bump their own thread. Basically they can still post but the thread doesn't get bumped. In this mod, it gives them just a popup they can't post.

Would it be possible to expand this add-on with the ability to limit the thread creator to a certain number of bumps in total?

We do for example allow for up to 3 bumps in our classifieds forum with no certain time limit. After that no more bumps are allowed for each classified thread.

Thanks!

Last edited:
I would love to see a limit per node as an option. I think that would be more powerful than limiting per thread.

Top Bottom