Lack of interest Bulk rewrite. import or export of bbcode to prevent media from breaking if we decide to disable it.

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

audiokid

Okay, here is a huge red flag for me.

What if we decide to stop using this add-on. If I should decide to disable this, all the images and video links break. So, as it. I am not continuing its use.
I'm thinking ahead. If I use this to its full potential, am I stuck with it or, can a rewrite be added the moment its disabled so I don't end up regretting ever starting this?

Is there a way to do a bulk rewrite to either import or export the bbcode on the forums and also to put the images somewhere should this ever be dropped for support or choice?

Upvote 0
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
If it is uninstalled, all content would be deleted.

You would have to implement a generic redirect for the gallery route.

Because of how this is integrated into the forums, which is really where it needs to be integrated better, its then unfortunately a big red flag for those who use it to its full potential. It appears to be something I may regret down the road now.

I wondered about the Resource add-on like this, However, its so robust and stand more on its own. It won't put the forums into dismay like this would, should we disable it.

So, I'm at a loss as to where this is really going. I've spent enough time with it now to see the good in it, but its not convincing me that its ready for xenforo wisely. Sorry if I'm putting a dark cloud around it but I'm sure I'm not alone.

Integrated better in what way?

It's an add-on.
If an add-on is uninstalled, all content related to that add-on is typically deleted, which is the correct way to do it.

Otherwise there would be orphaned content and data.

Well to be very blunt.
If that is the case, then it shouldn't be part of the forums meaning, encouraging members to use it, precisely by encouraging, "media icon" in the reply box, and to be aware... should we disable it or it becomes unsupported, we will loose all your content and worse than that, the links to any media content added into the forums (youtube media) will instantly be dead urls. This would make the forums a complete mess. The question I have then is, why would I ever use the Media to repeat a youtube video. Its complete nonsense from that standpoint.

Seems to me, Xenforo forums has that all taken care of.

So, right off the bat I would never use this for youtube integration.
Its pretty clear this is not for my forum.

So, right off the bat I would never use this for youtube integration.
I do on my site, along with other video media as well as images too. Whilst members still post these at times on the forums, at other times a discussion thread isn't warranted such as for game tutorials or game trailers. We find XFMG very convenient for these as they are all easily located in there rather than in threads and the comments are sufficient if anyone wants to say anything.

XFMG won't be for everyone, each forum is different and whilst it's not much good for some, it works well for others.

The xfmg specific bbcodes inserted into posts will not vanish if you decide to disable the xfmg add-on.

There is a free add-on here which let's you do bulk regular expression replacements on posts across the site, so that's always an option if you decide to remove xfmg.

The xfmg specific bbcodes inserted into posts will not vanish if you decide to disable the xfmg add-on.

There is a free add-on here which let's you do bulk regular expression replacements on posts across the site, so that's always an option if you decide to remove xfmg.
Cool, I'm going to look for it and see if it fits my concerns. if so, we have resolved a large issue. Thanks for chiming in.

Top Bottom