Bulk permissions

gavpeds

OK so i converted from mybb to phpbb to xenforo.

I am trying to reset permissions but is a slow process as i can only see one way to do this setting node permissions for each group.

But i have to click each individual forum to set permissions.

Is their no way to bulk set them say registered users select x amount of forums then set permissions?

I have been trying everything but it seems the only way is to click each individual forum and category then set permissions for each group, this is going to take me hours.
Is their no easier or quicker way?

OK i am so so so confused with permissions can anyone please help me get my permissions set?

It seems things can only be done one by one this is very very slow and inconvenient especially when you have converted and need to reset permissions for everything!

I have banned members that are in banned list yet viewing user info are in registered group testing permissions they can see whole forum and private areas and post! So now i have to create banned group with no privileges and click each individual banned member to change their group?

I am finding the permissions a real pain to sort i have over 800 members, registered users can not see anything so now i have to click each individual forum and grant permissions to each of my 7 user groups.

Really is there no easier way why is everything one click individual in mybb their was a multi select forums and grant group permissions for all selected forums.

Ah ok so now i left everything, cam back to look at forum to now find xf has some how removed 58 threads and 497 posts from one forum! How is this possible?

Is it something to do with clean ups or similar but still why would the system remove perfectly good posts?

Could really do with some help guys i love this software but really struggling to get things straight. :(

Here is a primer for permissions:

http://xenforo.com/community/resources/understanding-permissions.360/

The usual approach is to first set group permissions:

Admin CP -> Users -> User Group Permissions

Those permissions will apply to all nodes. Then you can set custom node permissions to override the group permissions. This is useful for making exceptions to the group permissions, such as creating a private forum:

Admin CP -> Applications -> Display Node Tree -> Permissions

Ah ok so now i left everything, cam back to look at forum to now find xf has some how removed 58 threads and 497 posts from one forum! How is this possible?

Check the mod log to see if they were deleted by a moderator:

Admin CP -> Tools -> Moderator Log

Otherwise threads don't just disappear on their own. Where are they missing from? How did you notice the missing threads?

Top Bottom