Built-in SEO Help & Advice pls

ineedhelp

So xenforo has SEO built-in to the forums...

Is there anyway or how can I edit the search terms, my site shows up in various searches?

Right now my site is only showed in google when searched by my site's name.

And, how does the built-in version compare to the other SEO providers out there who charge you for search rankings.

Thanks.

What's your site? How much content do you have? How long has it been up for?

Have you tried typing this into google? site: yoursite.com
Do you get any results?

It's a forum, 5 weeks old, content growing daily.

As I said above, my site does show up number 1 when I type my site name as: xxxxx xxxxx, xxxxxxxxxx, xxxxxxxxxx.com

But I'm asking can I add more search terms into the built in SEO my site comes up using other search terms beyond just my site's name.

Example say my site is about Movies, I want people to be able to search and find my site in google even when they type: Horror Movies, Thrillers, Hollywood, etc etc NOT just by searching my-site.com in google

It's a forum, 5 weeks old, content growing daily.

As I said above, my site does show up number 1 when I type my site name as: xxxxx xxxxx, xxxxxxxxxx, xxxxxxxxxx.com

But I'm asking can I add more search terms into the built in SEO my site comes up using other search terms beyond just my site's name.

Example say my site is about Movies, I want people to be able to search and find my site in google even when they type: Horror Movies, Thrillers, Hollywood, etc etc NOT just by searching my-site.com in google
First off, your content has to be geared towards what people search for. For example, some people might be interested in searching for "Top scariest horror movies". So create a thread along the lines of 'Top 10 scariest horror movies". This really doesn't fall on the software, rather the authors of your content. XenForo makes it easy for SE's to find the relevant content, however, the content must be of good quality. Basically, your "search terms" should be in your thread titles and thread content.

So if the thread titles aren't spot on but the content of the thread is, will that still be sufficient ?
I would say the thread titles would help a little, but really, it's what's in the content. Just think back to times when you were searching for something specific on Google. Did you ever come across results where the thread/article/blog title had nothing to do with what you were searching for, but what you were searching for was in the page? I know I have several times.

Top Bottom