Building a "Resources Directory" as form of Advertising Income

Divinum Fiat

Has anyone been able to build a resource directory (is there even an add-on for this) to create someone of a 'yellow pages' in exchange for a listing fee?

I'm trying to create something like this: http://directory.humanityhealing.net and charge a small listing fee to appear in the resource directory.

Is anyone doing this already? Any tips or suggestions?

Thank you! :notworthy:

Hi Peter, thanks for the link. It has taken me a while to read through the many, many pages of the link you shared. I really enjoyed the unfolding of the add-on and 'tenants' sure looks like an amazing team to work with and get support from. Sadly the add-on won't allow for 'financial control' of any sorts. So anyone joining the site can actually post in that forum, without having to pay for a listing.

I saw that Floris with Xenfans has a marketplace forum where he allows premium members to post in the marketplace forum. But I don't quite know if that's the right strategy for an actual directory. Might be a great add-on to sell a quick item here or there.

So still searching if anyone has any ideas. :-)

Perhaps we can suggest tenants to add user-group permissions for adding to the directory? I cannot imagine that would be a process that'd be impossible to make.

Top Bottom