I talked a little about it in my classifieds add-on pitch thread:
For the payments, I am creating another add-on that will do the job as I’ll need a similar payment system for my other upcoming applications and it’s not a good idea to just recreate the whole thing again and again: that’s a waste of time and space. This payments system can be integrated into virtually any third-party add-on through its APIs and this will enable users to select any currency (the admin make available) to make the payments; starting from real currencies like USD, GBP, BDT to virtual currencies for your community if you are using [AD] Credits or any other third-party add-on that does the same thing. This will also support any online payment processors that have support for REST APIs like PayPal, Stripe, 2CO, etc. You’ll also have the ability to create tax and fraud rules (will support minfraud in the near future) along with support for coupons, bundles and invoices (kind of like IP.Nexus, and of course will be provided for free with these apps).
And today I wanted to talk about the how whole process can work and if you guys think this is a good way or maybe too many steps for the end user..
The main sections are:
- Manage Currencies - Admins will have to add the currencies themselves, one will be inlcuded: USD which will be set as base by default, which you can change, like select GBP as the default currency. Of course users will be able to select their own currency if that's available and every price will be shown converted to the selected currency (hope you get what I am talking about ).
I am also thinking of integrating with "Virtual Currencies" but I still have to think of a way to execute that
- Manage Payment Gateways - Pretty self explanatory, you create different gateways with the available processors. Gateways and Processors are two different concepts for me:
- Processors are services like PayPal, Google Wallet, Skrill, Stripe
- Gateways are 'stuff' you are going to create, you can create multiple gateways per processor so for example for PayPal, if you want people from USA to pay to firstname.lastname@example.org and people from the rest of the world to email@example.com you can do that
- Manage Coupons - because why not?
- Manage Bundles - so you can create combinations of different items (can be even different systems like one from the classifieds packages and one from the store item)
- Manage Invoices
- Transaction Logs
- Statistics and stuff
So here are some scribbles I made, hopefully you'll like my handwriting
The workflow for the end user:
(its "skips" not "keeps" )
Wire-frames to visualize the workflow:
Now what the system will do behind the scenes:
My ideas might be vague so if you have any questions ask away!
Of course ANY third-party app can integrate with this add-on so developers wont have to reinvent the whole thing again and again and again...
And I have a dream to make this a "standard" thing for XenForo
I look forward to your feedback