[021] Multi-account detector [Deleted]

Hmmm...
I tryed to buy the addon but I failed.
I tryed to register with same username as here, working Email, chrome given password and made the capcha - and then:
View attachment 271822
I doesn't hope this is the result of this addon here at you site. ;)
What can we do now?
Hello. It's okay, I've activated your account

Ok - Iam confused now. I think you can delete my account at your site.

Here at Xenforo its 22.95 $ - then, after registration at your site and type in and check my XF vaidation token I should can pay the 22,95 $ only in crypto payment (Bitcoin and what ever the second one is). Sorry, it gives peopel they doesn't use inoficial crypto payment - so the only way I can pay will be bank transfer or paypal eg..

I think will buy now a similar addon from Xon (https://xenforo.com/community/threads/signup-abuse-detection-and-blocking-paid.156501/). It costs a litle bit more but it brings me a developer with good reputation and less pain to simply pay a single add-on.

Can I pay via Paypal?
Hello. Unfortunately, at the moment, no :(

Previously, I accepted payments through my friend from Russia, because PayPal in Ukraine does not accept payments, but now, due to the war, this cooperation has ceased, and accepting payments in Ukraine with PayPal is still not available, so I will be able to provide you with such an opportunity either when PayPal works in Ukraine, or when i find a partner from another countries, or when I find a good replacement for PayPal, which works in Ukraine and in other most popular countries. Therefore, unfortunately, I think that not soon.

• Sad
Reactions: rdn
021 updated [BS] Multi-account detector with a new update entry:

Changes
  • New option "Thread report duplicate creator".
    If you had problems with creating reports in a forum - fill in this option.
  • Now problems with creating a report in a forum will not affect the creation of regular reports
This update will create all reports that were not created due to an error creating a duplicate report in the section

Read the rest of this update entry...

Tries to update but it produces an error:

Code:
TypeError: in_array(): Argument #2 ($haystack) must be of type array, null given in src/addons/BS/MultiAccountDetector/Repository/MultiAccount.php at line 24
[LIST=1]
[*]in_array() insrc/addons/BS/MultiAccountDetector/Repository/MultiAccount.php at line 24
[*]BS\MultiAccountDetector\Repository\MultiAccount->findSameFingerprintOrCreate() insrc/addons/BS/MultiAccountDetector/Upgrade/Upgrade1050370Trait.php at line 73
[*]BS\MultiAccountDetector\Setup->restoreLostReports() insrc/addons/BS/MultiAccountDetector/Upgrade/Upgrade1050370Trait.php at line 11
[*]BS\MultiAccountDetector\Setup->upgrade1050370Step1() insrc/XF/AddOn/StepRunnerUpgradeTrait.phpat line 124
[*]BS\MultiAccountDetector\Setup->upgradeStepRunner() insrc/XF/AddOn/StepRunnerUpgradeTrait.phpat line 73
[*]BS\MultiAccountDetector\Setup->upgrade()in src/XF/Job/AddOnInstallBatch.php at line299
[*]XF\Job\AddOnInstallBatch->stepAction() insrc/XF/Job/AddOnInstallBatch.php at line 91
[*]XF\Job\AddOnInstallBatch->run() insrc/XF/Job/Manager.php at line 260
[*]XF\Job\Manager->runJobInternal() insrc/XF/Job/Manager.php at line 202
[*]XF\Job\Manager->runJobEntry() insrc/XF/Job/Manager.php at line 118
[*]XF\Job\Manager->runByIds() insrc/XF/Admin/Controller/Tools.php at line 122
[*]XF\Admin\Controller\Tools->actionRunJob()in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 352
[*]XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass() insrc/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 259
[*]XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchFromMatch() insrc/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 115
[*]XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop() insrc/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 57
[*]XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run() in src/XF/App.phpat line 2353
[*]XF\App->run() in src/XF.php at line 524
[*]XF::runApp() in admin.php at line 13
[/LIST]

Trying this out with Fingerprints Pro, seems to work great.

Would it be possible to reduce the number of API calls to avoid going over the 20k cap? (maybe a random function to have a 50% chance of making the call to effectively halve the number of calls?)

Trying this out with Fingerprints Pro, seems to work great.

Would it be possible to reduce the number of API calls to avoid going over the 20k cap? (maybe a random function to have a 50% chance of making the call to effectively halve the number of calls?)
The check is called once every 10 minutes per user when they visit the page. That is, one user per day can generate a maximum of 144 requests. In fact, the number of checks is already limited. I can make it possible to change the cooldown in the options, but you need to understand that increasing it reduces the effectiveness of detection.

The check is called once every 10 minutes per user when they visit the page. That is, one user per day can generate a maximum of 144 requests. In fact, the number of checks is already limited. I can make it possible to change the cooldown in the options, but you need to understand that increasing it reduces the effectiveness of detection.
Thanks for the explanation! Yes, I think a configurable cooldown period would be helpful to allow for tweaking as needed. (y)

Two other questions I have:

1. Would it be possible to skip checks if it is a staff member using the Login as User feature? We use this from time to time to debug issues for our users, and it opens a report each time.

2. Could you add a feature to skip checks for staff members or certain user groups?

Last edited:
1. Would it be possible to skip checks if it is a staff member using the Login as User feature? We use this from time to time to debug issues for our users, and it opens a report each time.
I will study this issue.

2. Could you add a feature to skip checks for staff members or certain user groups?
This feature already exists. The permission is in the General permissions group
1664870594748.webp

Still would love to purchase again - and still cant due to cyber currency requirements!
I originally did purchase via the old site, however i cannot find any record of the transaction due to not knowing where to look!!!
So currently Stuck where i am, with no resolution :(

Top Bottom