[021] Multi-account detector [Deleted]

I understand the friction involved with dealing with crypto for payments, but it's not too much work and good to learn something new that is slowly becoming more mainstream. Just my 2 cents :)

As for the add-on itself, it works great and I highly recommend using the Fingerprint Pro token. It's far better detection and is both GDPR and CCPA compliant.

I understand the friction involved with dealing with crypto for payments, but it's not too much work and good to learn something new that is slowly becoming more mainstream. Just my 2 cents :)

As for the add-on itself, it works great and I highly recommend using the Fingerprint Pro token. It's far better detection and is both GDPR and CCPA compliant.
I have no Crypto access, so i would need to
1. Register for one
2. Register a card on one
3. Load the Crypto with whatever amount is required
4. Make the payment (Presuming that it accepts the same crypto that i had chosen)....

" that is slowly becoming more mainstream" - It really isnt... Your average man in the street doesnt care about Crypto.

This is highlighted by the number of people in this thread saying they WOULD buy it, however havent.

I have no Crypto access, so i would need to
1. Register for one
2. Register a card on one
3. Load the Crypto with whatever amount is required
4. Make the payment (Presuming that it accepts the same crypto that i had chosen)....

" that is slowly becoming more mainstream" - It really isnt... Your average man in the street doesnt care about Crypto.

This is highlighted by the number of people in this thread saying they WOULD buy it, however havent.

I agree that it's not what all of us grew up with, and it can seem intimidating if you haven't used crypto before or perhaps some people are just change averse or uncomfortable (which is totally fair and understandable), but it's actually very simple. Cryptocurrencies are de-centralized so there's no "account" or "registration" either and thus lowers the barrier to making and accepting payments, which is the problem that I think OP is facing due to their location.

Thank you @comraider for bringing this topic up. I will express my personal opinion on this matter (it does not reflect my opinion as a seller):
All people need to buy crypto is just google "best way to buy crypto", open the first link, look at the options and choose one of them. Yes, you may have to register an account on Binance and pass verification, but you will do it once, exactly the same as when you open a bank account, and then you will be able to easily purchase almost any cryptocurrency in the world directly from your card.
Then download a wallet where you will store the cryptocurrency, for example TrustWallet, which allows you to store many cryptocurrencies in one wallet, and withdraw crypto to your wallet after purchase.

That is, as a result, payment with cryptocurrency takes place in three steps, if there is no cryptocurrency on your wallet:
1. Buying a cryptocurrency (Binance for example)
2. Withdrawing a cryptocurrency
3. Paying an invoice
If you already have cryptocurrency, it all comes down to paying the invoice.

Like it's very simple, but people don't want to take the time to figure it out once in order to have more opportunities in the future - they want the world to adapt to their knowledge, and not vice versa. Such an approach usually slows down progress and prevents humanity from introducing new technologies normally. For example, Internet banking has been around since the 2000s, but we still use cash, which consumes natural resources. Almost everyone in developed countries has high-quality Internet, but they still use paper for maintaining credentials, filing applications and many other things. This is all due to the lack of desire in most people to understand new things and introduce it into their lives, to change old habits.

It really isnt... Your average man in the street doesnt care about Crypto.
Yes, but at the same time, there are already enough people on the street who care about cryptocurrency to set up special bitcoin machines for them
1665654321292.webp1665654528663.webp1665654585617.webp

It seems to me that most of our people still use cash, but this does not mean that using cards is inconvenient or difficult. It’s the same with cryptocurrencies - it’s no more difficult than paying with a card, but due to the fact that this is new information, these actions seem more complicated than they really are.

The check is called once every 10 minutes per user when they visit the page.
This got me thinking.. I think the polling calls from Xon's Live Content add-on are what causes the larger than expected number of Fingerprint API calls (we have lots of users who keep the tab open and the Live Content add-on keeps polling all day long, even though they're not actively using the forum)

Here in the UK as far as i am aware the only take up is by those that either want to keep payments "off the grid" so to speak, or with those to make money... that is all. I am unaware of anywhere with a Bitcoin ATM, and even Paypal will not allow to pay in BTC, only to invest in it.

Is kind of ironic though that for someone that provides a "litecoin" and "Crypto-powered" addons, that can ONLY accept cryptocurrency as payment!! :)

I highly recommend using the Fingerprint Pro token. It's far better detection and is both GDPR and CCPA compliant.
I tried it, works great.

BUT...I run a big board and after a day or 2 I received messages I reached the limit of the free tier.
It would be really expensive for our board to use. Had to turn it off.

How to remove user from evercookies or other detection?
Hello. In group permissions there is a permission called "Bypass multi-account detection". It disables all detections for the selected group/user.
273565-0b9d88f5086608bc4b6b78031262b8fb.jpg

Individual permissions for a user can be settled here ACP –> Groups & permissions –> User permissions

Hey !
It would be great if we had the options to move users detected by the plugin into another group of our choice, do you think you could implement that ?
Thanks

021 updated [BS] Multi-account detector with a new update entry:

New options
  • Fingerprint detected user group – this group will be automatically assigned to the user if he falls under the definition of a multi-account using the fingerprint method.
  • Evercookie detected user group – this group will be automatically assigned to the user if he falls under the definition of a multi-account using the evercookie method.
View attachment 282062

Read the rest of this update entry...

I have the first version of this mod. I would like to have this version of this mod but I don't do crypto get a better way for us to buy and I will buy it today. Thank you

I have the first version of this mod. I would like to have this version of this mod but I don't do crypto get a better way for us to buy and I will buy it today. Thank you
Hello. I seem to have the opportunity to accept payments on PayPal, so if it would be more convenient for you to pay this way, put a reaction on the message and I will contact you)

Hello. I seem to have the opportunity to accept payments on PayPal, so if it would be more convenient for you to pay this way, put a reaction on the message and I will contact you)
If thats possible, I would buy a first licence to... I send you a pn. :-)

Reactions: 021
Top Bottom