[021] Multi-account detector [Deleted]

Got a mail from Fingerprint. Free tier is going away:
Just for reference: this only applies to users who used the free FingerprintJS Pro subscription. This will not affect those using the regular Fingerprint method.

Just for reference: this only applies to users who used the free FingerprintJS Pro subscription. This will not affect those using the regular Fingerprint method.
Each time I have gotten a multi account report, the thread has looked like this:

Users with same Fingerprints 🔔
None

Users with same Fingerprints (Pro) 🔔🔔
@some-user-here

Users with same Evercookies ⚠️
None

It is always None for the non-Pro check. Does this mean the regular Fingerprints check has never detected anything in my case, or does the add-on skip the regular Fingerprint check if Pro is being used?

Each time I have gotten a multi account report, the thread has looked like this:

It is always None for the non-Pro check. Does this mean the regular Fingerprints check has never detected anything in my case, or does the add-on skip the regular Fingerprint check if Pro is being used?
The Pro version replaces the regular.

I was using the pro option, but $200/m is not feasable.

Any options for alternatives?

The add-on contains several detection methods. You can use them.
Regular fingerprint detection is resulting in false reports everyday. Would it be possible to provide a custom function/callback that returns a fingerprint to the add-on? (that way we could try out different approaches)

Regular fingerprint detection is resulting in false reports everyday. Would it be possible to provide a custom function/callback that returns a fingerprint to the add-on? (that way we could try out different approaches)
Do you mean callback in JS? I think this will be irrelevant for most customers.

Do you mean callback in JS? I think this will be irrelevant for most customers.
Yes, in JS. There are different approaches in generating fingerprints and being able to use a different one would be very helpful. The built-in fingerprint isn't reliable unfortunately, and evercookie is not deemed to be GDPR compliant which is a problem for many forums.

The latter, deleting info about users.
There is no such possibility in the add-on, but here are SQL queries for deleting data about a user with a specific ID.

To delete reports
delete from xf_mad_user_multi_account where user_id = REPLACE_WITH_USER_ID

To delete fingerprints
delete from xf_mad_user_fingerprint where user_id = REPLACE_WITH_USER_ID

To delete evercookies
delete from xf_mad_user_evercookie where user_id = REPLACE_WITH_USER_ID

Top Bottom