"Bridging" or linking XenForo with other scripts...

RickM

Hi all,

I've not been around for a while however am currently working on a website powered by PyroCMS (very much worth checking out!), a CMS built on top of CodeIgniter.

Pyro has its own (paid) forum module, however its pretty poor....in fact, its very poor....just a very basic forum system. I'm going to be using XenForo for the forums, but there is a problem. People must be able to log in on the main site that is running pyro, so I need to basically build in some form of linking.

I've got 2 options:

Option 1: Remove any reference to use login from the site and basically allow them to log into XenForo, meaning I have to re-write a bunch of code in Pyro to override their default user system - staff will still have to login with a pyro account to access the admin area.

Option 2: Build in a 'linking' system that creates accounts in both installations, so when a XF account is created, automatically create a pyro account. This would also mean putting in some form of dual login so if you login on the site, it logs you in on the forum, and vice versa. It would also need to be able to update user details if their profile is edited, as well as change their usergroup on pyro if they take out a 'premium member' subscription.

I cant think of any other way of doing this so was really wondering if anyone:
A) Had any idea which of the two above would be best, and why
or
B) Had any suggestions better than 1 & 2.

Any advice or info would be greatly appreciated!

Rick

Nathan is building a Xenforo Authentification System & OpenID System which allow 2 or more Xenforo installation or Xenforo & other system can be linked via OpenID Protocol.

Just wait for some weeks then you can order it.

Thanks Dihn, looks like it'll be a long time before its finished though, and the developer has said that to begin with it'll only do Xenforo <=> Xenforo bridging, not Xenforo <=> Custom.

:(

Thanks Dihn, looks like it'll be a long time before its finished though, and the developer has said that to begin with it'll only do Xenforo <=> Xenforo bridging, not Xenforo <=> Custom.

:(

Hey Rick, have you looked at the Vivvo CMS to XenForo bridge? Might give you some idea's/insite on doing your own.

Top Bottom