Breast Cancer Awareness - The fight continues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam Howard

Socially Uncensored was founded on September 7, 2010 and shortly after, we decided that rather than just be different from another communities by being uncensored and offering unrestricted levels of freedom of speech and freedom of information.... We would also try to do our best to help change the world.

So on October 7, 2010 ( link ) and October 2011 ( link ) we made a pledge to help fight and bring awareness of the devastating effects of Breast Cancer.
breast_cancer_ribbon.webp
Breast Cancer affects millions of women world wide. Worldwide, breast cancer comprises 10.4% of all cancer incidence among women, making it the most common type of non-skin cancer in women and the fifth most common cause of cancer death world wide.

Chances are you know or will know someone who is affected by this terrible illness. It is an illness which discriminates no one regardless of age, race, faith, or income. It is an illness which will affect the lives of millions of families this year and ever year in which there is no cure. Every where someone loses a mother, a daughter, a sister, an aunt, or even a friend.

We at Socially Uncensored still believe the fight should continue until there is a cure and so we have once again ( link ) taken a pledge this year to help fight the war on breast cancer.

We hope your community and its members will follow our lead and help support the millions of innocent victims & their families who fall victim to this awful illness.

Help us all find a cure.

I think all the ladies of Xenforo should wear pink shirts in their avi. No face, just chest. :p

It's a PR program that's gotten devalued a lot lately. Best to give directly to someone helping someone vs. the "foundations" with fancy offices, high paid execs and lots of overhead. Planned Parenthood actually does the preventive work vs. doing promotions, absorbing cash.
They call it “Pinktober” and that’s not a term of endearment.“Some women hate October,” says Wells, 45, a mother of three from Costa Mesa who was first diagnosed with breast cancer in January 2007 and learned two years later that it had metastasized, spreading to her lungs."
The pink ribbon's ugly new image.

It's a PR program that's gotten devalued a lot lately. Best to give directly to someone helping someone vs. the "foundations" with fancy offices, high paid execs and lots of overhead. Planned Parenthood actually does the preventive work vs. doing promotions, absorbing cash.
I'd like to talk about the good effects on marijuana usage during cancer, including recent studies about being able to completely kill cancer cells. But I'm not sure if people are still on the marijuana junkies taboo.

I'd like to talk about the good effects on marijuana usage during cancer, including recent studies about being able to completely kill cancer cells. But I'm not sure if people are still on the marijuana junkies taboo.

Sounds like a different topic. Adam Howard's topic, this topic, was about Breast Cancer Awareness campaign.

Sounds like a different topic. Adam Howard's topic, this topic, was about Breast Cancer Awareness campaign.
If you find this information not to be on topic: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22963825 or http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21566064 (about exactly breast cancer treated with CBD) Then I don't really know what's the magic cure everyone is trying hopefully find. There are other reports about completely curing it. Although I'm not sure how true they are. I'll post sources if anyone really cares.

Then I don't really know what's the magic cure everyone is trying hopefully find. There are other reports about completely curing it. Although I'm not sure how true they are. I'll post sources if anyone really cares.

You said you wanted to talk about pot as a cancer treatment medicine. That is a different topic than the Breast Cancer Awareness campaign which is this topic. Medicinal marijuana applies to all cancer treatments so nothing specific to breast cancer there and the topic of medical marijuana is completely separate and more political than medical in nature. Why not start a new topic about it is my suggestion.

If you find this information not to be on topic: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22963825 or http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21566064 (about exactly breast cancer treated with CBD) Then I don't really know what's the magic cure everyone is trying hopefully find. There are other reports about completely curing it. Although I'm not sure how true they are. I'll post sources if anyone really cares.
That's very informative.

Ignore everyone else. Anything that can fight or cure cancer, regardless of where it is in the body; is a good thing. Breast Cancer just happens to be the one which gets its own month. Typically because it effects so many and because it is one of the more documented cancers.

Hey Russ. For some reason you were an ignored member and I did not ignore you. Weird! Never accidentally ignored someone before.

Anyway, I saw your avatar so I guess the ignore feature ain't that great.

That's very informative.

Ignore everyone else. Anything that can fight or cure cancer, regardless of where it is in the body; is a good thing. Breast Cancer just happens to be the one which gets its own month. Typically because it effects so many and because it is one of the more documented cancers.
Not to take anything away from you, but it's more likely because it's breastcancer and someone at some point decided to make a big deal about that specific type of cancer. There are types that affect more people or are less treatable (or both). But I doubt you'll see any lungcancer months anytime soon.

Anyway, good luck with your fight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom