XF 1.3 Breadcrumb Dots

iguanairs

I broke my dang breadcrumbs. lol I'm not sure what I did but am hoping someone can help this Xenforo challenged user get it sorted. I have attached a pic to show the issue.

My breadcrumbs have changed. When I click "forums", the "home" breadcrumb displays as "..." until I click it. When I click it, the dots disappear and the word "home" reappears. I have to click it again to then be taken to the home page. I don't like this. I don't want the dots there. I want the word "home". This happens on my 22" laptop screen, my 46" tv screen and of course, on my iPhone. It is everywhere and should only be on the cell.

I know it is likely something I did but I can't figure out exactly what that is. lol Thanks in advance for any help you can offer. I am just starting to learn Xenforo after a long stint (12+ years) with vBulletin so expect a series of stupid questions until i wrap my head around Xenforo. I am happy so far but I am lost on some of this.

Also, a bit off topic. Is there a way I can see the template names in the source code?

Attachments

• breadcrumb-dots.webp
    breadcrumb-dots.webp
    832 bytes · Views: 16
I see this happen a lot if I edit the jump trigger, if you've made changes to it try reverting the style property.

Style Properties -> Breadcrumb -> Jump Menu Trigger

Thank you for responding.

I just checked and I haven't modified that as of yet. I actually haven't modified much of the site at all. I should probably take note that i am using a few different mods from this website.

Nodes As Tabs (Fantastic Add-On that should become a default feature.)
Widget Framework (Another great Add-On that deserves to be added.)

I disabled each of these mods to see if perhaps one of them is causing the issue. The issue persists even with them disabled. I then had a thought, which occurs from time to time, and I decided to peek at my extra.css template to see if my code was the issue. Well wouldn't you know it, it was. lol

I had to remove:

Code:
*, *:before, *:after {-moz-box-sizing: border-box; -webkit-box-sizing: border-box; box-sizing: border-box}

For some reason that causes the dots to appear regardless of screen size. I copied that code as part of the CSS from one of my other sites. Once I removed that portion the text reappeared and so far it hasn't caused me any issues with my design. lol (I am using my own responsive css within the "pages".) I am interested in learning so feel free to slap me with some knowledge explaining what that code does and why it is acting like a douche! :)

Top Bottom