1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

Bots Online (Temporary until made a part of XF)

Discussion in 'Add-on Releases [Archive]' started by Daniel Hood, Dec 6, 2011.

1. Daniel Hood

Daniel Hood Well-Known Member

I decided to quickly throw together a way to display the bots currently crawling the side in the same block as members online. I may improve this by making it's own block, displaying the number on the block, and adding the bot names instead of "Guest" on the /members/online page. Depends on if it bugs me enough to not wait. I figured since I did it for myself, I should release it because of how many threads I came across talking about it before.

Attached are the addon files and xml file.

Live demo at www.sportsdiscussion.net/community/

Attached Files:

beespeed, Adam Howard, Amdac and 10 others like this.
  2. Daniel Hood

Daniel Hood Well-Known Member

An error was brought to my attention. I don't use the default theme and as I was building this I made template changes to recognize the bots. I forgot and didn't include the template changes. This can be fixed by changing <xen:if is="{$user.user_id}"> to <xen:if is="{$user.username}"> or I fixed it with php and you can download the new files or add
    $records[$key]['user_id'] = (int) 1;
    as line #64 in "library/SDBotsOnline/Model/Session.php".

I will give this a better fix soon which will include a custom template file. Just not going to do it right now as I'm about to go to bed (plus I want to improve some other things before releasing another download).
  3. Member 3639

Member 3639 Active Member

Awesome addon i will be checking this out later :)
  4. Operator

Operator Member

Wow, i was just looking for this... very nice...

Which bots does it work with besides google bot?
    FredC likes this.
  5. Ccriminal

Ccriminal Member

Thank you a nice add-on

Where the installation files