1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.2 Botched FTP upload. Trying to connect to existing DB

Discussion in 'Installation, Upgrade, and Import Support' started by Joshua, Aug 8, 2013.

1. Joshua

Joshua Active Member

So I screwed up when I was trying to use Transmit for my FTP client. I didn't have Transmit "merge" the upgrade package and it instead "replaced" directories. I'm re-uploading the full 1.2 XF install package but how can I bypass the setup stages and connect to the existing and un-changed database?

2. Jeremy

Jeremy XenForo Moderator Staff Member

You'll need to set up the config.php again. Using your old settings will automatically pick up the database.

Joshua likes this.
  3. Joshua

Joshua Active Member

OK, that's what I thought. I'll just go in and manually edit the config file so no installation processes are initiated

4. AndyB

AndyB Well-Known Member

What version were you trying to upgrade from and to?

5. Joshua

Joshua Active Member

1.1.5 to 1.2

6. Joshua

Joshua Active Member

config file has been updated.
    Index still says "The board is currently being upgraded. Please check back later."
    /install/ Wants to begin installation and wipe the DB.

Now what?

7. Joshua

Joshua Active Member

Replaced install-lock file in internal_data
    Still "The board is currently being upgraded. Please check back later."

8. Jeremy

Have you entered the install system and run the upgrade?

9. Joshua

Joshua Active Member

How can I run the upgrade aside from going to /install/?
    When i go to /install/ it says "You have already completed installation. If you wish to reinstall, please delete the file internal_data/install-lock.php."
    I'm stuck in a loop.

10. Jeremy

11. Joshua

Joshua Active Member

Does that mean you think I should re-upload the files?

The forum index says "The board is currently being upgraded. Please check back later."
    The /install/ (or upgrade) folder says "XenForo 1.2.0" and "you have completed installation..."

12. Jeremy

Can you PC me admin details and the link to your forum so I can get a better look into this for you?

13. Joshua

Joshua Active Member

I appreciate the offer, @King Kovifor but I got some help from a friend. The site is back up though it looks like I may have to re-install add-ons...

14. Jeremy

If you connected to your database, it's most likely just reuploading files.

15. Joshua

Joshua Active Member

You were right! I reuploaded the add-on files, disabled and re-enabled them and we're back up and running. What a headache for a couple hours