Can't fix Bookmark labels not saved unless you click on the box underneath before save

Mr Lucky

Affected version
If you add a bookmark label, as you type a blue box appears underneath showing your existing labels. (useful as an autofill)

But if it's a new label, it just mirrors what you are typing into the actual text field.

If you click on save, without first clicking on that second box, it does not save.

This second box is useful if you want to use a pre-existing label, but is redundant and confusing when there is a new label.

lables2.jpg

I don’t think this is a bug as I know it happens since I discovered that beautiful bookmark labels feature - long time ago.

Try typing comma after the new label. Easier than mouse click.

I don’t think this is a bug as I know it happens since I discovered that beautiful bookmark labels feature - long time ago.

Try typing comma after the new label. Easier than mouse click.
Yes, it's fine once you know the workaround, but I have had users complain it doesn't work.

I think just because you/we know the workaround (e.g. typing a comma) doesn't stop it being a bug or at least a very unintuitive UI.

Yes, it's fine once you know the workaround, but I have had users complain it doesn't work.

I think just because you/we know the workaround (e.g. typing a comma) doesn't stop it being a bug or at least a very unintuitive UI.
I can't say that I totally disagree with you, I too would have expected it to work with the text content entered in it instead of acting as a select element (currently how it is). However, its current design doesn't post the text inside the text box control as you could see. Therefore, it is certainly not a bug but surely how it is designed - even not the perfect design.

Perhaps you can customize the template to make things a bit more clear for the users. This should lower the complaints. In fact, it is a good idea that I should apply right away :)

1603902598271.webp

Unfortunately, this isn't something we can easily fix. This is part of an included library (Select2) and as soon as the selection menu is closed, any pending value gets wiped out. I'm not seeing a reasonable way of working around it.

Top Bottom