Board Title replaced by "Forum List" in UI.X

stub

It appears that xenForo Setup>Options>Board Title> has been replaced by a fixed heading on UI.X of "Forum List" and UI.X are telling me that they don't have a setting to either use a) xenForo Setup>Options>Board Title>, or b) to simply change the text to something else. I would prefer to use a) instead of "Forum List", or b) to simply be able to input my Board Title again as substitute for "Forum List". I'd really like a solution to this problem. UI.X were suggesting I checked out the community here.

OK. I try to express this another way. I need to change the forum title "Forum list" which is defined by variable "forum_list" in UI.X2, but I cannot find where variable forum_list is defined. I've looked all over the control panel and don't find any variable settings. So. is it possible to add/change this variable definition by adding it to a file manually? And if so, which file, and example syntax would be appreciated.

There was some discussion on this with them before I've asked them the same question. Which prompted me to follow their response to try here. I put the blame squarely on them when I asked them this question. But this was after they closed at 5pm Friday and before I will get a reply after 9am Monday. This is the 2nd weekend which my install has had to go thru. So I'm expecting a reply within the next 24 hrs.

I had a number of (major and small) issues installing UI.X2 which has meant, their famous 2 minute install took about 10 days. I am a noob as an operator of both xenForo and UI.X2. The 12hr time difference between them and me didn't help any. Some were serious. But all got resolved. This is my last outstanding known problem with them. Surprisingly. I'm still satisfied and even happy with what I've got.

Well, the forum name is not really needed there if you already have the name at the top, it's kind of redundant. I prefer the way TH do it and have changed all my styles to display "Forum list" by default - although you could just get rid of it altogether. And if anyone should have an easy option to change it, it should probably be XF.

But just go into your admin and search for "forum_list" and edit this line to reflect whatever is in the XF default style, if you prefer that:

<xf:title>{{ phrase('forum_list') }}</xf:title>

EDIT: Whoops, put down the wrong line initially. It should be the first line in the forum_list template:

<xf:h1>{{ phrase('forum_list') }}</xf:h1>

Change that to:

<xf:h1>{$xf.options.boardTitle}</xf:h1>

Last edited:
Thanks @imno007

When I look at Appearance>Templates>forum_list, for the UI.X Theme, I already see the first line is the bottom line you quote above. I have not changed this. It comes as this as standard. So. IMHO (and being a noob). This is being overwritten by the setting of the 'forum_list" variable. My only problem is I cannot find out where this variable is being set, so that I can change "Forum list" displayed, to the words I have in my xenForo Board Title. I know this is probably the least favorable option. But failing a a smoother option, like you are proposing, I don't see a way out of this. But I would certainly entertain ANY solution. The smoother, the better.

Err... I think I was looking at the wrong file. Let me test your proposal out. Will get back to you soonest.

@imno007 - Yep. That did the trick. I was definitely looking in the wrong file before. The file to edit was in Appearances>Styles>UI.X Templates>forum_list. Thank you very much indeed. One happy camper :)

Last edited:
Thanks for the code to correct this. It's crazy that ThemeHouse would make a dumb phrase like that a default value for <H1> tags. That's probably one of the top 3 most important things for your SEO.

Top Bottom