• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

BMW auto forum header banner needed

steven s

Please, please, please.

Type of Image: Banner
Text on image: BavarianForums (if too long, BavForums)
Specific Images: BMW automobile related
Colour Scheme: site is black/gray with a little red/orange and purple.
Size (in pixels): 900-1280px* × 80px
*Full width 1280, but if viewed in a smaller window, still visible at 900px wide
Animations: nope. But open to your creativity.
Things to avoid: No BMW logo.

http://www.bavforums.com

I've been told this one sucks, in more polite words.
logo10a.png

Thank you to anyone taking a shot.

get a few postcards from the BMW-museum in munich and scan them, it would make for a nice banner.
I have worked for bmw in munich many years ago and still have some old BMW-postcards in my basement somewhere....

Size (in pixels): 900-1280px* × 80px
*Full width 1280, but if viewed in a smaller window, still visible at 900px wide

Why do you need full width , small and creative would look much better don't you think ?

I never liked that banner when i visited that site for first time :P

Well i gave it a stab.. Its partially transparent on the right side so any color you use as a background in the header will effect the way it looks.. If you dont care for it thats all good to.. No worries, but i dont have time to make a ton of edits. So it comes as is... You can take it or leave it, either way it wont hurt my feelings. ;)

Logo Final:
bavarian_forums_logo1.webp

Example Jpegs with varying backgrounds to show how you can tweak it to suit your sites colors.
bavarian_forums_logo2.webp bavarian_forums_logo3.webp bavarian_forums_logo5.webp bavarian_forums_logo4.webp

Well i gave it a stab.. Its partially transparent on the right side so any color you use as a background in the header will effect the way it looks.. If you dont care for it that all good to.. No worries, but i dont have time to make a ton of edits. So it comes as is... You can take it or leae it either way it wont hurt my feelings. ;)

Oh I like this one!! Excellent job VonDoom.

Well i gave it a stab.. Its partially transparent on the right side so any color you use as a background in the header will effect the way it looks.. If you dont care for it thats all good to.. No worries, but i dont have time to make a ton of edits. So it comes as is... You can take it or leave it, either way it wont hurt my feelings. ;)
I do like it. Can the blue in the logo be changed? Big trademark infringement.
And maybe a black gradient on the right so it could blend in with the black background color?
Am I asking too much? :)

Keeping the legalities of the TM in mind i made a revision.. ;)
bavarian_forums_logo7.webp

Depending on the background color you choose in the style property's you can easily achieve several different looks from the same banner.
Capture_01122011_100157.webp
Capture_01122011_100426.webp
Capture_01122011_100637.webp
Example of header with advertisement
Capture_01122011_100637B.webp

You can achieve any variation youd like by changing the color of the header in the ACP.
Capture_01122011_100617.webp

And maybe a black gradient on the right so it could blend in with the black background color?
Its a transparent png so it will blend in on the right side with whatever background color you choose for the header in the XF ACP. The Thumbnails i posted are just examples of ow it would look with different background colors of your choice.

Are you still looking for a banner, I might have a whack at it after breakfast/coffee if you are, since I'm a bimmer man myself I may have fun with this one.

Its a transparent png so it will blend in on the right side with whatever background color you choose for the header in the XF ACP. The Thumbnails i posted are just examples of ow it would look with different background colors of your choice.
Can I get a copy of the black one?
Might look cool is an animated tach at redline. :)

Top Bottom