Blog feature in xF ?

woofster

We use vB 4.0, and use the forum and blog features.

I see we can get vB 4 forums into xF

What do I do with the blog? (we have 100+ blog entries, and I don't want to lose em).

TIA!

We use vB 4.0, and use the forum and blog features.

I see we can get vB 4 forums into xF

What do I do with the blog? (we have 100+ blog entries, and I don't want to lose em).

TIA!
LN Blog is a 3rd party add-on developed by Onimua that offers similar (better imo) functionality than that of vB4, and is actively developed and supported.

A new version should be coming out in the upcoming months (Give or take a while), and is going to add a lot of requested functionality.

Don't think so but he might be working on importers too . But he has done outstanding job with that blog.
Would definitely like to be able to port our V-gag-b blog content over to XF with proper referral so the old links don't 404 in the Search Engines and screw up our rankings.
I'd appreciate any suggestions.
Thanks!

Is this importer (by Onimua) free or must be paided?

Onimua was extremely pleasant to work with and regardless of whether he would have done it for free, I felt compelled to donate for all his hard work, but it's up to you on how you approach it. Just keep in mind that the script must be tweaked because each of us import our blogs (from vb4) to a different forum ID (in XF).

Onimua was extremely pleasant to work with and regardless of whether he would have done it for free, I felt compelled to donate for all his hard work, but it's up to you on how you approach it. Just keep in mind that the script must be tweaked because each of us import our blogs (from vb4) to a different forum ID (in XF).
Pleasant to work with for you :cautious:. Try getting favors done/doing favors for him :mad:.

Pleasant to work with for you :cautious:. Try getting favors done/doing favors for him :mad:.

Really? :confused: Not my experience at all. Maybe he's gotten busy with the pending release of the new blog...I dunno.

Then again, I know he wanted to get that script working for others as well and I volunteered my board as a test site. Point is, the import script already exists and he should be compensated for his time, even if it's a small donation to say "thanks for the help".

It's weird reading people talking about you/your work. :cautious:

Anyway, since there's a discussion here about it: The blog importer isn't free. It's $35, one-time and is supported by me (obviously :p). It isn't perfect in terms of UI and all that; it's meant to get the job done and is a temporary solution for those who wanted to transfer their blogs over from the vBulletin Blog via Paul's vB4 importer (or really, anyone who wants to convert a forum of threads in a XenForo installation into the blog).

A better/permanent solution will be developed in the future.

Top Bottom