Block posting

Block posting [Paid] 1.0

No permission to buy ($35.00)

AndyB

AndyB submitted a new resource:

Block posting - Allows moderators to block postings by problem users.

Premium upgrade:

This XF2 add-on along with the entire collection can be purchased for $35.00 USD. Your Premium upgrade will allow you to download as many XF2 add-ons as you like for one year. Please see the entire collection located in the Resources area at this URL:

https://www.xf2addons.com/

Description:

Allows moderators to block postings by problem users.

(Example of link in visitors tab)

View attachment 234916

(Example of Block posting page)...

Read more about this resource...

Hi Andy - Thank you for creating this resource. Can you please tell me what happens on the user's end when they try to post? Do they get an error or warning message?

Hi Andy - Thank you for creating this resource. Can you please tell me what happens on the user's end when they try to post? Do they get an error or warning message?

I was just on Andy's site, and this is what the member will see if he/she is blocked and tries to post:
(Example of no permission to post message)

pic003.jpg

is the blocked user able to post private messages?
As per Andy's site:

Q: Can the user still use the conversation system?

A: The add-on only removes the ability to create new threads and to make replies to threads. The conversation system works normally."

What I'm trying to find out is: is it possible to block some members from posting in specific threads with this addon. :)

In XF1.5 there was a New Thread Restriction add-on. Does that still exist so I can set a number of posts a newbie must have before they can post inside of designated threads?

Top Bottom