1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Block Links in First X Threads

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by VirtualJunky, Sep 9, 2012.

1. VirtualJunky

VirtualJunky New Member

Recently, my forum has been hit hard with spam, I saw a few threads floating around XenForo forums claiming their forums were also subject to this. I have been trying to come up with something but can't quite figure it out, so I wanted to see if there is something already out there. I basically want a plugin/mod or maybe there is an option built in, to block posts completely that include a link, if the poster has less then X posts.

This will stop bots dead in their tracks, because they all include a link or image, as far as I've seen. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. Digital Doctor

Digital Doctor Well-Known Member

3. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

4. sonnb

sonnb Well-Known Member

Thank Digital Doctor for your suggestion. It has ability to filter links and keywords. Join Date and Post Count are being used as exception conditions.

5. VirtualJunky

VirtualJunky New Member

Thanks! :)

Pretty much have to ask, if this wouldn't be a good way to stop bots, why in the post you linked, which is yours, do you recommend doing just that?

6. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

I don't recommend it, but lots of people request it.

7. VirtualJunky

VirtualJunky New Member

Oh alright. Well everything on your post I pretty much use/did already, and I was still getting 1 or 2 a day, which is no big deal, but I wanted to be sure, so I was requesting this, as a last resort. :)

8. Digital Doctor

Digital Doctor Well-Known Member

I'll give you an example Jake.
    It would avoid this post.
    first.post.with.link.jpg