Block certain Xenforo pages/functions and change URLs to link to my own external site

AUSFIFA

Hi guys.

At the moment I have Xenforo installed in its own subdirectory on my PHP website. I've managed to embed my own header (using a hook + addon) and adjust the theme of the forum to make it fit in with the rest of the site. I've also used a few helper functions to help combine both the website account and forum account. Whenever a user registers on my website, it will automatically register a forum account with the same name/credentials. Logging in/out on my site will also do the same for a users forum account.

This is great so far, since it eliminates the need to register two accounts. Now I want to take it a step further by blocking out Xenforo's pages (eg. profile) and functions (eg. login/register) and instead have it go through my own website, as I have already created my own PHP profile page and functions.

The two things I need to do are:
- Change the username links to redirect to my own profile page outside of the forum
- Block out Xenforo pages such as login/register/profile so that users can't access them

What would be the best way to do this? I know that Xenforo uses helpers such as "<xen:username/>", so I was wondering if there was an easy way to simply modify this helper? I know there are Route Filters, but it seems like they only work for directories inside the forum.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

The best way is to create an add-on which uses the Template Modification to change the templates.

Top Bottom