Black Friday Deals/Sales for Xenforo Products/Paid add-ons?

Do you think this is a cool idea?

• Total voters

oO5 Dynasty

black_friday_logo.gif

It's coming up this month, and i was wondering if the developers would help us out buy throwing some super deals on their add-ons. Im actually looking into Buying some add-ons when i switch to a new server for my site. This would also be a excellent time for the developers to cash in with some sweet deals. Don't forget about Cyber Monday. Matter fact Xenforo Sales Week!!! ;):love:
Side Note: This will also help people like myself who is recovering from a Natural Disaster. Its been a struggle ever since, but i'm not giving up! (y):p
paid-png.88020

Attachments

• paid.webp
    paid.webp
    24.3 KB · Views: 136
I hate things like this were developers may feel they have to jump on a bandwagon like this and offer a discount. Black Friday may mean something in the US but it doesn't really mean anything elsewhere, at least not that I'm aware of.

Frankly if you want an add-on, just buy it at full price. Show your support to the developer by doing so rather than trying to blag a discount.

I hate things like this were developers may feel they have to jump on a bandwagon like this and offer a discount. Black Friday may mean something in the US but it doesn't really mean anything elsewhere, at least not that I'm aware of.

Frankly if you want an add-on, just buy it at full price. Show your support to the developer by doing so rather than trying to blag a discount.
This +1 - Black Friday isn't a thing in the UK. It's nice when devs throw discounts out occasionally for their own reasons but they shouldn't feel they have to because of some bizarre yearly craziness that happens in the US :D (no offense to my lovely US friends, you all know I love you with all your weirdness ;) )

This +1 - Black Friday isn't a thing in the UK. It's nice when devs throw discounts out occasionally for their own reasons but they shouldn't feel they have to because of some bizarre yearly craziness that happens in the US :D (no offense to my lovely US friends, you all know I love you with all your weirdness ;) )
I wasn't even thinking about a difference in countries. Hum... thats funny to see what people from around the world think. Black Friday is actually a cool event that works in the favor of the Business and customers. But i never thought about the rest of the world not participating in the event. Hum...... :unsure: What about the website that are from over seas that participate in Cyber monday?

I know for us we don't do discounts too close to each other. Since Christmas is a bigger holiday for me personally, that's usually the time we post discounts. Your best bet is to ask the developer of the addons you're looking to purchase and see if they have any upcoming promotions planned. At worst they will say no and at best they may fill you in on some info :).

I would suggest it works more in favour of the customers.

It certainly wouldn't benefit me selling my add-on for a discounted price.
I'm Assuming, because your not a huge cooperation it wouldn't work for you. I know for a fact company's love this time of the year, because it drives sales, and exposes their product to a ton of people. Which will lead to more sales in the future.

I know for us we don't do discounts too close to each other. Since Christmas is a bigger holiday for me personally, that's usually the time we post discounts. Your best bet is to ask the developer of the add-ons you're looking to purchase and see if they have any upcoming promotions planned. At worst they will say no and at best they may fill you in on some info :).
Oh i see, i was just wondering if this site did the Black Friday, Cyber Monday event. Then you could just browse all the deals as you would on bestbuy.com Its cool if this site doesn't participate in the event. I was just wondering.

I can predict that there will be some add-ons with good discounts on cyber monday!

PS. I'm good predicting things, I predicted the date of the XF 1.3 and 1.4 gold releases :sneaky:

Top Bottom