Black Abyss [Deleted]

In 2013 we plan on doing a "reboot" on things we offer and support.

Sadly, this skin design no longer fits with our long term goal. It will no longer be supported....

However I welcome anyone and everyone to continue or re-use this as they see fit. Think of this style as free open source.

Adam Howard updated Black Abyss with a new update entry:

OMG! An update

I love XenForo, but it's 1 flaw is it is a pain to continue to maintain and release a pure black style (all black background, white text). Once in a while (not often), someone ask me if I'll update this style. I finally gave in (you're welcome).

Regarding support....

IF you find anything wrong with this style, please report it with a solution, so that I may release that solution to everyone else. Post with you telling me X is not right, but no solution, will be addressed "if" I get...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Working on an update... Technically, almost a full rewrite.

The original Black Abyss theme was hackish at best. The following release after it was an improvement, but really was rushed through. After which it was decided not to continue Black Abyss both because of time restraints and simply, the pure frustration on how hard it is to make an all black style in XenForo without CSS code modifications.

Strangely enough despite the flaws and how rushed through it was, I recieved a few people asking me if I would update this. I kept to the standard, "no" as my reply, except even my members wished for a dark style.

There are some paid developments, but usually they have a lot of code added to it and keeping to the stock for my own needs sometimes made that conflicting.

So with the occasional request from both here and on my site, I finally made an update (May 21, 2014). This update was not complete as I had basically taken the old XenForo 1.1.x template, reverted the changes, but did not take into the full account of the many (excessive) style properties.

Currently, XenForo does not inform you of outdated style properties. Which can be VERY frustrating.

This beta is a completely remade from scratch. I started over and redid everything. Yet I encourage people to test it and help debug any issues they may have discovered. Ideally, I would prefer not to add any code.

Attachments

Last edited:
Some elements could not be changed as they truly do not have an independent style property or other properties override those properties.. So while I wanted to avoid adding some code; I'm proud that it is very minimal.

new template: black_abyss_extra.css
PHP:
#caltitle {
color: white !important;
}

#caldays span {
}

#calcurrent {
background-color: #646464 !important;
}

.navTabs .navTab.PopupClosed .navLink {
}

.statusEditorCounter {
color: lightgreen !important;
}

Adam Howard updated Black Abyss with a new update entry:

Major update

This style release is virtually a complete rewrite. It was completely reworked from scratch and all previous known issues resolved.

Recommend you overwrite any child styles as this also changes style properties as well (which normally are not carried over into child styles, because that's how XenForo works I'm afraid).

Hope you enjoy this release. If you find any bugs, please report them.

Read the rest of this update entry...

Last edited:
Top Bottom