XF 2.2 Big problem sending email to all users.

fionix

Hello

Since the 5th of January 2021 we are facing problems to send e-mails out to all out members subscribed to e-mail updates etc. only 14000 emails per week.
We can send to MAX 5000 users, then it stops without any warning or error.

I tried to activate the CRON job for Weekly Digest manually, still it stops by 5000 members!

We have run this for about 2 -3 years and never had any issues like this before the above date.

I contacted our external SMTP provider smtp.com they said there is nothing wrong from their end, so I contacted @AndyB because I thought it was his ADD on Weekly Digest, but it has also worked for the last 1 - 3 years trouble free and until the above date.

I have checked the LOG file of the server (got some great help from AndyB) but nothing seems to block the mails there.

We run Plesk, latest version with Immunify360 and the build in Firewall of Linux, so we have Cloudflare.

All of this has not changed at all and been like that the last 2 - 3 years, still the problem started the 5th of January.

I'm total lost and don't know how I ever can get this fixed, any help paid or free is much appreciated.

yes, just checked it, but it does not work the same way as AndyB's - you can't set it to send out e-mails every week.

You can only send mails to users which have not been active for X days!

Yeah it does not help me sort this issue out. Still working on something to figure out what is going on but it's annoying to not understand where to look.

Just a wild guess did anything change your max execution limit php ? Not sure if this would be a reason but I read in google some issues a few months back

No, it is cooked down to the Add Weekly Digest, it may conflict either with another ADD on or something in Xenforo, not sure, but everything else that sends mass mail out works fine, also the Xenforo internal communication.

Top Bottom