Big Board List

JamesBrown

@Brogan used a keep a list of forums that had exceeded a number of posts. 10m 5m etc

I can't find it, Is that list still here? Is the list still maintained?

Cheers

Google search is better than XenForo search tool........ Unfortunately.

Google search is better than XenForo search tool........ Unfortunately.
Not really defending XF search, as it is just a basic site search even with elastic search, but comparing any search tool to Google is like comparing a Fisher Price toddler car to a Tesla.

Using "large forum" "threads" "titles only" gets that link on the first page towards the end, which is pretty accurate as it is a thread from 2014.

Interesting to click through and see which forums are still active, what software they are now using and how many posts they are piling on. Its a shame it's no longer maintained

Interesting to click through and see which forums are still active, what software they are now using and how many posts they are piling on. Its a shame it's no longer maintained

That list is very very out of date.

Space Battles is one that Xon does development and sys admin for, and AVForums is owned by Stuart Wright.

Because now you know the thread title... I used big boards list in XF search tool but i forgot to check threads only...

I knew the thread title already, as I have been here since pre-release of XF and I remember practically everything. That said Google Search is going to be better than practically any search function, including most other search engines.

The fact that Google gave you the result you wanted from using the wrong keyword is more telling of the investment that Google has made, rather than the flaws of XF's search system. The issue was the keywords you used, and not the search system; it not being able to link similar search terms is not so much an issue of the system, but more that a robust search is a major investment.

How about someone in the XF community takes over and maintains it? Would that be possible? @Chris D @Brogan
There have been several such threads, and they've all been abandoned after a while. Brogan is the second or third list.

A wiki page would be better than XF, as then people could submit changes and it could be moderated. Otherwise it's just time consuming to keep such a list upgraded.

It is already maintained by @Brogan.

The onus is on the boards themselves to report any pertinent changes to us. So if you pass any post milestones then you can let us know and we’ll update them accordingly.

New sites are added as they are reported to us.

The onus is on the boards themselves to report any pertinent changes to us. So if you pass any post milestones then you can let us know and we’ll update them accordingly.

Yeah wasn't sure if it wasn't updated, or if people hadn't requested an update. Just saw some forums I know had moved platforms still were listed how they were several years ago, even when they've moved to XF.

... although @Brogan did also mention that he was unlikely to continue updating that thread:

This thread is unlikely to be updated from this point on.

The unfurling of URLs makes it a pain to parse the content required to populate the tables.

Top Bottom