Resource icon

Better report & admin contact

Mr Lucky

Mr Lucky submitted a new resource:

Better report & admin contact - Keep your members in the loopabout the status of a report

This is something that works well for my community, it allows better and easier feedback for status and resolution of reports as well as an easy way to contact the mod team as a whole. Neither of these may be a huge issue for many forums, but my members certainly appreciate this method.

The issues:

1 Reports. A member reports a post. The report manager allows a very basic response re: resolution etc. via an alert. If the reports are sent to a forum, then the...

Read more about this resource...

How do I get the poster username, reporter username, reported post thread title and sub-forum name in the title of the moderator thread?
I was able to do that back when I used vB4.2.

How do I get the poster username, reporter username, reported post thread title and sub-forum name in the title of the moderator thread?
I was able to do that back when I used vB4.2.
This tip is merely about the reporter and mods being able to discuss the report. It isn't to do with the report system itself - you'd need to ask in the support forum for that.

But if you say you had all that info in the thread title in vBulletin 4.2, I think that must have been a plugin.

But if you say you had all that info in the thread title in vBulletin 4.2, I think that must have been a plugin
No, standard behavior was to create a thread in the moderator forum and send an email notification to the moderators in that section. To get all the info I wanted in the title of the thread, all I had to do was edit the phrase associated with the thread title. All those details were available as variables. For some reason that info isn't passed in XF.

Top Bottom