beta2 issue w/ style

Apokalupsis

[[[ ISSUE RESOLVED. SEE THIS POST: Post #7 ]]]

I created a custom style for my dev site. Worked fine in beta1. Upgraded to beta 2 and the nav bar appears twice. I'm not sure how to fix it.

dblnav.webp

To create the custom style? Yes I did. I just cannot recall where those changes were. I'm brand new to styling (have never done so on any forum platform)...so it takes me a lot longer to create as it's a learn and go process and a lot of the time, I'm just tinkering/refreshing until I like the change. I know that the changed templates are highlighted in red (navigation.css and header.css were changed)...but I'm not entirely sure where those changes are or how they compare to the originals and looking at both templates...there doesn't seem to be anything that stands out that would cause this error.

In the ACP go to: Appearance > Templates > Outdated Templates.

It'll show you the templates that are updated by XenForo since beta 1 and these need to be reverted/updated again. Of course before reverting, make a backup of the template first. You can then take over any changes you made from the old to the new template.

Found it. The issue was the PAGE_CONTAINER template.

Is there any way to compare the edited template w/ the unedited to see what change(s) specifically caused this to happen? Either internally through XF or externally through another app?

I had this morning and did not think it was a bug but a template edit I did with the add-on here (cannot recall) so there was no way to restore the default style and had to export the style from my local and upload on live. :rolleyes:

OK....here's the issue for those having similar...

1) The PAGE_CONTENT template needs to be updated. There are a couple mods from beta1 that required a couple edits in the template so when you revert this template, you will have to go back and modify this template.

And because the template was modified, it didn't get updated in the upgrade, thus, using the old code which caused the double nav bar.

The new PAGE_CONTENT template uses:

Code:
<xen:include template="header" />
in line 110.

The old PAGE_CONTENT template used:

Code:
    <div id="header">
        <xen:include template="navigation" />
        <xen:if is="{$canSearch}"><xen:include template="search_bar" /></xen:if>
    </div>
...which is the culprit of the double-navbar.

2) I found an online text-compare site: http://text-compare.com/ that came in handy.

I'm sure there are other and better options...but it seemed to do the job.

For those that overlooked it in the announcement, it was specifically mentioned there:

"The old 'header' template has been renamed 'logo_block', and has a <div id="logoBlock" /> wrapped around its contents.

There is a new 'header' template, which is included by the 'PAGE_CONTAINER' template, and includes 'logo_block', 'navigation' and 'search_bar'."

http://xenforo.com/community/threads/xenforo-1-0-0-beta-2-released.6837/

For some reason I'm not getting this to work. So, I've got this in my PAGE_CONTAINER template....

OK....here's the issue for those having similar...

Code:
    <div id="header">
        <xen:include template="navigation" />
        <xen:if is="{$canSearch}"><xen:include template="search_bar" /></xen:if>
    </div>
...which is the culprit of the double-navbar.

What do I do with it to get it working correctly?

There were other changes in that template due to beta2 though. That particular code is replaced with other code. So if you merely changed it, you are missing the new code as that part you changed, is not in the new b2 template at all.

I have the same issue and unfortunately this thread doesn't make much sense to me. Can someone please explain exactly what to do to remove the duplicate nav bar?

I have the same issue and unfortunately this thread doesn't make much sense to me. Can someone please explain exactly what to do to remove the duplicate nav bar?
Find the "PAGE_CONTAINER" template and revert it. That should solve the issue.

PS: remember that any changes you made in beta 1 will be lost.

Top Bottom