Best Xenforo Ad Manager

billybatz9

Hey guys,

I was just wondering what the best ad manager for Xenforo was?

What I am wanting to do is.... get some ad zones up (that I can sell to people)

I was chatting with some people about this today, yes the XenForo ad templates work great, but needs a stronger backend and management system to go with it.

Having looked through all the current options available, I have a feeling I may need to sit down with a good reliable developer and explain what pbulishers want and need to produce one of good enough quality, but without overloading it with loads of bloat.

Any takers?

I am looking for something that I can...
1) Place ads on certain forum categories, but not show on the other categories.
2) Repeat for other categories...

Almost like the widget logic plugin for wordpress

Only problem with that add-on is that there is absolutely no option to get a branding free version.
like I said, I don't use advertisements so that personally doesn't bother me. :)

I am looking for something that I can...
1) Place ads on certain forum categories, but not show on the other categories.
2) Repeat for other categories...

Almost like the widget logic plugin for wordpress
This can be accomplished using conditionals in the ad templates I believe.

I was chatting with some people about this today, yes the XenForo ad templates work great, but needs a stronger backend and management system to go with it.

Having looked through all the current options available, I have a feeling I may need to sit down with a good reliable developer and explain what pbulishers want and need to produce one of good enough quality, but without overloading it with loads of bloat.

Any takers?

That would be excellent.

DP's ad positioning is great but it's only for one dynamic ad slot.

I had been using Robbo's addon but I'm not sure how supported that is anymore so for 1.2 I was planning to just hardcode the header/footer ads and use DP's addon for the dynamically placed ad.

Any takers?
I wish there was one with a frontend interface to allow advertisers to bid/buy ad traffic.

Any takers?

We're planning on moving to a self-run publishing house upon converting a VB3 site to XF 1.2.x --- Developing a 3rd party Add-on for a advertising management suite is something that we are willing to throw serious money at. I've only put together a draft of functions that would be required, but it's a fairly large laundry list of functions that I'm sure will take some time to polish off into a working product.

I suck at making mock-ups, but I can certainly write a mean technical specification document. :D

We're planning on moving to a self-run publishing house upon converting a VB3 site to XF 1.2.x --- Developing a 3rd party Add-on for a advertising management suite is something that we are willing to throw serious money at. I've only put together a draft of functions that would be required, but it's a fairly large laundry list of functions that I'm sure will take some time to polish off into a working product.

I suck at making mock-ups, but I can certainly write a mean technical specification document. :D
might be interested in contributing! Depending on features and the developer.

Top Bottom