I have a production site that is on VB4.2 with VBgallery, VB Pro Garage and VBSEO. The location of the forum is in the /forum directory.
This is what I have done so far,
1. Created a test location /test
2. Installed Xenforo in /test
3. Imported the current production DB & images (roughly 300k)
4. Worked with a Xenforo Dev to create the theme I wanted
5. Made permission / feature changes I wanted
6. Installed Showcase
7. Installed Media
8. Installed Xenforo Advanced Search <------ AWESOME!
I now have a test site that I think is good enough to put into production, I already know I have some redirect issues going on so that is going to be another thing to deal with but what are my options now.. I am really not sure which way to go,
- Do I reimport the data?
- If I do a reimport what are the consequences, do I lose all the settings and permissions that I changed