Best way to design template

NuKeD

Hello.!
Sorry for my English is bad xD.

What is the best method for developing a template thinking XenForo future updates?

Currently I have a template developed by me but contains "templates obsolete".
I found that there is addon: Template Modification System (TMS) but I have a question: This addon is efficient performance html + css layout?

What would be the best choice to design a template to avoid headaches?

You could use the TMS to place your edits. if it's css you've directly changed in templates you can use the Style Properties and/or EXTRA.CSS template as this template is never overwritten.

It sounds like you upgraded and need to revert templates which you should do to gain the changes made in that xf update then look at the edits you made and look to see if any of it can be placed in either of the areas or TMS that you made. You'll be fine using the TMS no performance issues with it that I've seen or noticed.

Ok. Thanks for answering.

Currently my template is poorly designed (very fast xd) and i'm going to completely redo, using TMS.
I thought of using the file: extra.css to design my template at 100%, but i have seen that it is not efficient because the entire contents of extra.css it appended to the style file at the bottom.

I read "XenForo 1.2" will use similar system to TMS, to modify templates?

:D

Ok. Thanks for answering.

Currently my template is poorly designed (very fast xd) and i'm going to completely redo, using TMS.
I thought of using the file: extra.css to design my template at 100%, but i have seen that it is not efficient because the entire contents of extra.css it appended to the style file at the bottom.

I read "XenForo 1.2" will use similar system to TMS, to modify templates?

:D

The core TMS that is coming won't be the same as the TMS add-on where it compliments style changes which is documented in the Have you seen area. From my understanding don't expect the core TMS to function like the tms add-on.

There's nothing wrong building a style 100% purely with style properties and EXTRA.css since I've done this countless times and the style is very customized. If the TMS add-on is the route you wish to take and you'll be making html edits and introducing new classes and code then the TMS will work for you the TMS add-on that is submitted in the resource manager as this supports style changes.

Top Bottom