best way to clean up massive spam

David_

So my forum just got hit with a ton of spam. Like 500+ threads created, mostly in one forum by about 300 different members.

How can I clean this diaster up easier. All I see are check boxes for one at a time and no easy way to do this.

Spam cleaner is a two click solution to ban a user and delete all their posts. Other than that you can do mass moderation by just selecting multiple threads and deleting them inside a forum.

I am not sure what you are asking about here, do you want one click solution to delete 500 posts? Just recommend your members to report the posts, then they become much easier to handle. Also use the spam cleaner to clean out spam users, usually you don't have 500 users that needs cleaning.

Another vote for the spam cleaner. Depending on how old the spam user registrations are you might need to adjust the settings for it in the ACP - but it works a treat. (y)

What do I do if the "Spam" link in the post isn't showing on some posts? And sometimes after it finds matching users with an IP I'll click the "Spam" link next to their name and the box never comes back.

Hopefully if 1.2 is ever released this spam clean up stuff gets an overhaul. It's hidden away pretty well, should be accessible from the thread listing page

It is available on the membercard, when you hover over the avatar on the membercard. That is how I always access it. I also think it is time based, at least I am under the impression that if the user has been a member so and so long, it no longer appears.

It is available on the membercard, when you hover over the avatar on the membercard. That is how I always access it. I also think it is time based, at least I am under the impression that if the user has been a member so and so long, it no longer appears.

Those settings can be adjusted in the ACP. (y)

Top Bottom