• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

XF 1.5 Best way to add userbanner to individual user?

So, in VB3.8 if I wanted to give an individual user a custom icon under their username I would add their id number to a conditional I had going to the appropriate template.

I think I can just use the XF userbanner in my case, is using a template conditional still the best way or is there a better way that I haven't discovered yet such as an add-on or etc.?

Brogan

XenForo moderator
Staff member
Banners are applied to user groups, not individual users.
You can use the same method as previously, with a conditional statement.

Banners are applied to user groups, not individual users.
Okay think I got it, so if I wanted to use the userbanner setup I would have to create a new secondary group based off of the registered group and put anyone I wanted to have that banner in the new usergroup.

Brogan

XenForo moderator
Staff member
Yes, exactly like that.
You would need to ensure the display styling priority was set accordingly, so the highest banner shows.

Okay just thought of something and just want to make sure there would not be any problems with this scenario... I have users in the normal "Registered" usergroup and then create a secondary usergroup called "award" with the same permissions as the "Registered" usergroup where I can add individual users to simply give them a userbanner, so far so good. I also offer a 12 month upgrade to a paid secondary "Premium" usergroup that auto defaults back to the "Registered" usergroup if they do not renew, would this mess anything up with the "award" usergroup? The outcome I would like is that users will always have the award userbanner from the "award" usergroup whether they are a "Premium" member or not.

Brogan

XenForo moderator
Staff member
If you are manually adding the members to the Award user group and the user group promotion is not related to it, it won't affect it.