Best way to add a library of tech manuals to site?

Rhody

For one of my Xenforo sites, I would like to offer a library with about 100+ different PDF repair manuals for some equipment related to the industry/focus of the forum.

They can be grouped by type of equipment, or even by brand.

I do own Xenforo Resource Manager, and use it for some other things, but looking for ideas how to physically organize this type of resource. Is resource manager the best solution, or is there something else? I just don't know if I want each document as its own resource, vs having them in a more organized format. (or do you think a single resource that points to an HTML page that has direct links to each pdf?)

Any suggestions or advice appreciated! :)

Thanks!

Do you want members to be able to comment on them, discuss them, rate them, etc.?

If so, use the RM, otherwise just use page node(s).

Do you want members to be able to comment on them, discuss them, rate them, etc.?

If so, use the RM, otherwise just use page node(s).

Not especially, I just want them to be able to grab them. There is a special subforum if they wanted to discuss something, and get further help. We did not author the documents, they are just there for reference.

Interesting about Page Nodes. I will have to look into that more. Do you mean as in ADMINCP-> FORUMS-> NODES -> ADD-> LINK FORUM ?

I have a lot of nodes, but have never tried that type. I'll set one up and give it a test drive.

Thanks

From an SEO perspective, here's what I think i would do.

Create a forum category called manuals.
Make it an article type forum.

Make a thread per topic/sub category

eg, Manuals -> Tractor1 > attach 3 manuals for this tractor

In the first post of each article, Write about them. Attach them to the post.

The extra verbiage will help rankings in search engines. You can manage attachment permissions per forum by group.

close that forum to replies (again with user group perms)

Top Bottom