Best way to accept donations?

Diana

I've seen this set up on other forums but can't find any specifics on how to go about it on mine.

I need to be able to accept donations for a business (I'm not a non-profit) with PayPal and also credit cards. Not everyone has a PayPal account. I would also like for members to be able to make single as well as recurring monthly donations.

I've searched the threads on xenforo and am totally confused on how to go about this.

Any pointers would be greatly appreciated.

I've seen this set up on other forums but can't find any specifics on how to go about it on mine.

I need to be able to accept donations for a business (I'm not a non-profit) with PayPal and also credit cards. Not everyone has a PayPal account. I would also like for members to be able to make single as well as recurring monthly donations.

I've searched the threads on xenforo and am totally confused on how to go about this.

Any pointers would be greatly appreciated.

For more sophisticated donation campaigns there are 2 solid addons available for XF 2. One is [TH] Donate and I believe DragonByte Tech has a donation addon. I use the Themehouse one and have good results and feedback from donors.

Stripe is great if you have full payment methods. Unfortunately this addon by @Yugensoft is no longer available in the resources section. Its still available here. It will give your members many payment methods and works great. I really like Stripe.

XenForo has Braintree included which offers a wide scope of payment methods as well.

You don't necessarily need a Paypal account to pay via Paypal with a credit card, you can checkout without signing up. I ended up disabling my Donations plugin and just use built-in subscriptions now. I give users a choice of either monthly recurring subscriptions or 6-month non-recurring subscriptions with a couple of levels in both options. This provides a means for someone to "donate" a larger amount via the 6-month and be assured they won't be charged again.

Of course if you want to accept custom amounts then you need a Donations manager.

Top Bottom