Best Headset for Computer Use? Can somone help?

=MGN=RedEagle

Hi guys,

I am looking for a good headset which is comfortable for long-term use on the computer. Last time I had one I got a gaming one which worked very well. However, it was expensive and looked like a turtle shell on the head.

I am sure there are many techies here who are on the phone a lot like me. Let me know if you have any suggestions.

You'd be a lot better off buying a desktop mic or modmic, and a pair of proper headphones rather than a headset. Generally far better across the board (audio quality, build quality, comfort, etc.) for a price up to several times lower. The only sacrifice is that you generally can't get a directional mic, so if background noise is a major concern stick with headsets.

What is your budget and market (US/UK/EU/etc)?

I use Sony MDR-V6 monitor headphones. Got them for cheap from a store a couple years ago, Sept 2009 to be exact. I swapped out the crappy ear pads for velour ones made for the model, no sweat and easy to wash any oils out. I've got more expensive headphones designed for audio mastering but rarely use those for obvious reasons. The Sonys sound good for music with some equalizer adjustment, they feel light and take care of some external noise. My only complaint is it's not balanced in weight and there's a fat wire coming out of one earphone that gets in the way of your hands.

A tip for you, whether you had the warranty or not, they would have replaced it. Logitech is one of the few companies that will replace ages old equipment for free or just shipping fees.

A tip for you, whether you had the warranty or not, they would have replaced it. Logitech is one of the few companies that will replace ages old equipment for free or just shipping fees.
Hmm, interesting. I will have to give that a shot with a few more products then.

Top Bottom