Best/Easiest SMTP to setup?

Okenyon

Hey guys, since switching our hosting to Digital Ocean I can't seem to get email to send or work.

So i'll grab a SMTP service.

It's been a while, I used to use Pepipost and SES.

Which is the best and easiest to setup these days?

If you say one kindly post a link to setup guide if you have one, not the most technical.

I always remember SES being tricky to setup.

Thanks.

JOGARA

I try not to support Amazon but SES is a really good service.
Yes there are a few steps but you can literally get it working within 10 mins.

Like why pay for other services £5-10 a month when free tier gives you 50-60k a month for free.
We spend £1-2 a month on email and are sending out quite a few.

Okenyon

I try not to support Amazon but SES is a really good service.
Yes there are a few steps but you can literally get it working within 10 mins.

Like why pay for other services £5-10 a month when free tier gives you 50-60k a month for free.
We spend £1-2 a month on email and are sending out quite a few.
Thank you, have you seen any decent guides to setting SES up with XF?

dknife

sendgrid, ses still cheapest I think and very solid
Sendgrid makes little sense from a cost perspective compared to SES, at least from just sending emails. Unless you're sending <100 emails/day, it's $15 minimum a month. I pay <$1/month for all registration and notification emails on SES.

ichpen

Sendgrid makes little sense from a cost perspective compared to SES, at least from just sending emails. Unless you're sending <100 emails/day, it's $15 minimum a month. I pay <$1/month for all registration and notification emails on SES.

I didn't say sendgrid was price competitive, it still offers a totally free tier if you're into saving pennies vs SES. SES still cheapest volume wise. I've had zero issues with SES and reliability is high so definitely gets my reco.