Best cheap car insurance companies in UK

mrGTB

I'm looking at other car insurance companies this week in the UK, trying to get cheaper now after being with the same one for 5-6 years. Can anyone recommend any good ones out there worth getting a quote with. This is for UK people only, as that's where I live!

Ha, ha! No, for once this is legit. But yeah I see what you mean about the title.. :LOL:

Just tried ASDA and TESCO in UK, was told they are good. Na, they can be ruled out right away. Robbers!

You'll probably find they are all good until it comes to making a claim. Personally I wouldn't go with anyone's recommendation. Just search the market, obtaining as many quotes as you can and go with the cheapest (taking into account policy excesses).

http://www.geico.com/

They appear at first glance to be a US based company, they show a US Flag in the sidebar. Needs to be UK based, but thanks.

Best bet is to go to gocompare, comparethemarket and confused.

I get wildly varying ammounts from the same companies on each one. so try them all then pick the best for you.

My insurance this year looks like its going to be around £700 :(

Best bet is to go to gocompare, comparethemarket and confused.

EDIT: I just tried them, ran it through and got £354 fully comp with "Ensure". Not bad! Also ran 3rd Party Fire and Theft through them and got same price with different company. So first one is good and might go with that.

Trying 3rd party only resulted in £700 LOL

EDIT: I just tried them, ran it through and got £354 fully comp with "Ensure". Not bad! Also ran 3rd Party Fire and Theft through them and got same price with different company. So first one is good and might go with that.

Trying 3rd party only resulted in £700 LOL

£354, not bad for fully comp. Whats the excess?

£200 excess. I've decided to go with that quote, was paying that more or less 4 years ago for third party fire and theft on another car with same engine size 1.4 and value. So I can't complain really, if anything it's a better deal being fully comp as well. There was only £4 difference with Ensure between going 3rd Party/Fire.Theft and Fully comp, but you get windscreen cover, legal cover, and replacement car thrown in extra also fully comp.

It's more or less the figure I expected to pay, was looking for. Dropping excess to £100 bumps up price to £390.

Worthwhile signing up with Quidco if you havent already - I got £25 off my £150 Annual bike policy yesterday - Just run the gocompare/comparethemarket etc and pick the one you like the look of - throw into Quidco, and see if theres any offers on - I got my AA cover last year for i think £8 (£38, £30 cashback....)

I will say that there are also others (topcashback) which are free ( i think Quidco charge £10 per year), however you need to read the instructions on the site to work out how to use them - usually a click through link from the cash back site.......

Top Bottom