Best Caching

SatGuyScott

I have my own dedicated server which has been working great, however we are starting to get hardware errors showing up and it appears the raid card is starting to have issues.

The current server is running CentOS and am using XGINX for my web serving software. For caching I am using xcache.

Because of the fear this server could drop dead I have obtained a VPS server, which is running CentOS and WHM/Cpanel.

I have got the site moved over without issue and now I am trying to get it configured, and one of the thing I notice when looking at my PHP info is there is no kind of caching installed.

This is my first time using Cpanel / WHM, so I must ask what is the best caching which is easy to install with WHM?

Thanks!

Make sure you are using either mod_ruid2 and DSO as your PHP handler or PHP-FPM and then you can install Opcache no problem on a cPanel box. If you're using suphp then PHP caching won't work.

Alternatively depending on how much traffic you get a premium solution such as LiteSpeed + LSCache and then Opcache ontop of that can do wonders but that's only worth it if you've got a ton of traffic. Helps you get more bang for your buck server resource wise.

Top Bottom